Kelly's Reviews > The Seven Year Witch

The Seven Year Witch by Jodi Redford

251943
Jun 21, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks, 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, paranormal-romance, read-in-2014
Read on February 23, 2014

This series is pretty much rocking my socks off. I mean, book 1 was good what with the zombies and the clueless witches and the shapeshifting threesome... no, wait. Shapeshifter threesome. Well, two shapeshifters and a witch. Do you think a shapeshifting threesome would involve changing shapes in the middle of the lovin'. That would be weird. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I kinda want to read something like that. Which is totally not the point I'm trying to make, mind you. I'm trying to say that book 1 was pretty awesome. And somehow, don't ask me how because I didn't think it was possible to get better than that without doubling the zombies, this book took it up a notch.

Clarissa was... well, I won't say that I disliked her when she was introduced in book 1 but she was a hard character to actually like until you got to see what caused her to don the ice queen mask. She was just so broken by what was coming for her. She fought against it, but she always had the idea in the back of her head that it was inevitable. The way she tried so hard to protect those around her (her coven sisters, Logan, her father) while she was watching the clock tick down on her time made her wonderfully sympathetic. Throwing in the towel and having a torrid affair with Logan simply because she could no longer deny the way he made her feel was sexy.

And Logan. Wow. He was hot and perpetually horny. I loved that he was so unrepentantly arrogant and male. I loved his musing about how Clarissa would bring more to any relationship than he would so he'd just have to become a champion diaper changer to make up for his lack. How can you not love a guy who sees his faults in such a clear light? Sure, at the end of the day he was still an arrogant, Alpha werewolf with a penchant for innuendo and taking his clothes off at the drop of a hat, but he was so damn consistent about it that I couldn't help but fall for the guy.

As for the bad guy... well, I loved to hate him. More to the point, I loved what he was and how he was portrayed. In fact, I pretty much thought all the secondary characters were fabulous.

If you're not reading this series and you like witches, werewolves, demons, and/or various other supernatural entities, you're missing out. I loved this book from beginning to end and I'm waiting breathlessly for book 3.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

02/23/14 reread - Oh, LOGAN. I love this guy. And his perpetual hard-on! Nothing says lovin' like sporting wood at inappropriate times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Year Witch.