Sarah L's Reviews > The One

The One by Kiera Cass

Let's talk about The One for a minute.

Did it have some faults? Yes.
Did America get on my nerves? Occasionally.
Did I love the story? Absolutely!

I was a bit hesitant when I began this book because I didn't much care for its predecessor, The Elite. However, I was pleasantly surprised and was glad that I hadn't given up after the second book.

I adore Maxon. If I'm completely honest, he's the reason I went out and bought the second and third book after having read The Selection. And my love for him only grew as the stories continued.

With America, I had always loved who she was as a person. I just wanted to throat punch her for her back and forth wishy washy behavior when it came to the two men in her life. This girl just could not choose what she wanted. Maybe that's why I liked this book so much more. She had finally decided what and who she wanted and we finally got to see her do something about it.

The One held my interest and had me smiling like a fool at various parts. It was entertaining and I was captivated enough that I could look over any faults that I came across. Definitely a five star read for me and I'm glad that I decided to add it to my never-ending collection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One.

October 12, 2016 – Started Reading