Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Blister

Blister by Jeff Strand

Oct 21, 2016

bookshelves: kindle-unlimited, horror-etc

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER! ******SOME SPOILERS******

Well, where do I begin! This book is cray and I loved it! Well, certain parts I didn't like but there was revenge for said parts I didn't like so it all worked out I guess =)

First off we have Jason Tray, he's a cartoonist and he's funny and pretty cool. But after these bratty little bastards keep throwing rocks at his little dogger, Ignatz, he takes matters into his own hands. I mean the parents didn't listen so he dresses up all covered in blood, fake chainsaw and fake severed head and chases them down the road. LMBO! One of the kids falls and breaks his arm. GOOD!

I would say they got off easy because if someone is harming one of my animals, I'm going to jail for what I do to them!

Moving on, this makes his agent, Chuck mad and he sends Jason off to say in his cabin until everything blew over. The parents didn't press charges because they could care less about much of anything.

"All right, all right, I'll go." Hanging out on a lake for a few days actually sounded like fun. It might provide the inspiration for some cabin-themed strips. "Just between you and me, though-the kid breaking his arm was kind of funny, wasn't it?"

Chuck just glared at me.

When Jason gets to town he ends up going down to the local bar and drinking it up with a couple of idiots. Then said idiots take him down to show him Blister. He has no idea what they are talking about but he goes along. They take him to a shed next to a cabin and make him look in the window. He is terrified by what he sees and leaves right away.

But the next day Jason is feeling bad and he goes back and talks to Blister's father and he allows him to go and apologize to her. She has her face covered in a mask and she accepts his apology. He finds out her name is Rachel. And. . .

her evil ex-boyfriend, Brandon, wasn't happh when she wouldn't have sex with him so he takes her to a cabin, dresses as creepy clown, proceeds to cut her face and take a blowtorch to it. Yeah . . . that's what I'm looking for in a boyfriend!

Truth is, she had a fight with her boyfriend Nobody knows what caused it, but I think she was a bit too wholesome for him, if you know what I mean. He tied her down and went at her face with a straight razor and a blowtorch. Can you believe that? A blowtorch."

Jason and Rachel do strike up a great friendship and she doesn't even have to wear a mask around him. They spend time talking in her shed before he takes her out to do things in the world.

"What kind of incident?"
"Here, you be the judge. Let's say that these horrible little kids were throwing rocks at your dog, and you asked them nicely to stop, and then you went to one of their mothers and she didn't care. So next time they threw rocks, you burst out of your house with a fake severed head and a fake chainsaw, and you were covered with fake blood, and the kids flipped out and ran away, and one of them fell and broke his arm. Is that funny?"

Rachel was silent for a very long moment, her face completely motionless. Finally, she spoke: "That's fucking hilarious."

"I know, right? Thank you! Thank you so much!" I was becoming a huge Blister fan.

I really loved how Jason got Rachel to go out and do some things, even if she just sat in the car at first. People in the world can be so cruel. But they had funny times.

"Do you want a beef stick?" I asked. "Places like this usually have beef sticks."
"Is that an innuendo?"
"Oh, yeah. When I ask the ladies if they want me to buy them a beef stick from a fruit shop, they're all over me."
"Well, naturally."

There is a lot that goes on. There is a lot that we find out about the evil boyfriend Brandon. AND <--
there are more holy shite moments when you get to one part and realize something. No I'm not going to tell you but it was awesome! Well, maybe not awesome but you know what I mean.

Oh and said bad boyfriend also cut cats with razor blades and used a blowtorch on them like he did on Rachel. Nothing graphic, just tells about it. So yeah, him going up in a blaze of glory for many things does not bother me one bit.

I think a lot of people will enjoy this crazy book and it's also on kindle unlimited at the time of this review!

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blister.

October 15, 2016 – Started Reading
October 15, 2016 – Shelved
October 15, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited
October 15, 2016 – Shelved as: horror-etc
October 21, 2016 –
60.0% "Holy shite balls!!"
October 21, 2016 – Finished Reading

Salisa I am reading this. I am so reading this.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yay! I hope you enjoy it :-)

Salisa Thank you. I hope so too. It sounds great.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Your welcome :-) It's really good!

message 5: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review hun :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much hon. It means a lot :-)

message 7: by Katrin (new)

Katrin D I'll probably check this book out, your review made me interested ;)

message 8: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Nice review, Melissa! The book is intriguing and the cover makes me shiver. A book that I'm sure I'll love. :)

message 9: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Melissa! :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you all!! I'm not getting any notifications. I just happened to come on here and see if it's fixed and saw a few of you had posted!

I have seen some other people complaining about it so it's not just me :-(

YES!!! Had to add the creepy clown :-)

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Wonderful review Melissa! :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much, Sandra :-)

ᑭIᑭEᖇ⒤ᗩᗰ Wow, this looks creeping good!! Fantastic review Melissa:):)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much, Piper :-) It's on kindle unlimited right now!