1-Click Addict Support Group's Reviews > Three Simple Words

Three Simple Words by A.J. Pine

I have a whole heap of gushing to unload here, so where would you like me to start? The adorable, laugh-out-loud banter, perhaps? The unexpectedly heartwarming Wizard of Oz references, maybe? The love letter to romance books craftily blanketed in a…romance book? Or maybe the sparky, heated chemistry between Wes & Annie that lights up every page? You guys – all of those things are in this book and I freaking loved it so much.

It’s clever, and witty, and fun. I laughed so much more than I was expecting, and my eyes welled up with happy emotional tears at the fantastic ending. There were a couple spots (well, okay, maybe just one) that didn’t quite sit right for me, but that did not take away from my reader experience for more than the thirty seconds it took for me to move on and wrap myself back up in Wes & Annie’s swoony story.

And – Wes & Annie? Are amazing. I loved them both so crazy much. She’s plucky and sassy and strong. He’s all kindness and sweetness tucked within a thin tough outer shell. The book is short, so the pacing is fast, and some may take issue with how quickly things get resolved but it didn’t bother me. I completely bought the chemistry between Wes & Annie and I was 100% invested in their story. I loved each of them so much, and the two of them together was just…near perfection.

I also love that the whole gang is brought together here – and those of us who have been with the series from the beginning got a very satisfying update on Brynn & Jamie and Holly & Will. Also – some teasers about what’s coming in Jeremy’s story and – AHHHHH! I cannot wait for Jeremy’s story!

With Three Simple Words, I think that the Kingston Ale House series has officially hit its stride. I mean, I’ve enjoyed the other two books in the series so far, but this one? This one was like next level shit for me. I was completely captivated by it, smiling dopily in all the places where I wasn’t fighting tears or aching for these beautiful, wonderfully imperfect characters. This was definitely my favorite of the series so far, and definitely one that is not to be missed! ~ Shelly, 4.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Simple Words.

Finished Reading