Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Changeling Moon

Changeling Moon by Dani Harper

Jun 21, 2011

Hmm... What to say about this book. It is like that wonderful, decadent dessert that you have been dying to have, and when you do, it is sooooo worth it. So I won this book from Bending the Spine blog (http://bendingthespine.blogspot.com/), and I must say that I completely think it is worth the read.

Werewolves as we know it are very popular in the paranormal fiction realm. And I loved them. Then I met the Changelings, and I love them so much better than werewolves. Connor, a vet and a changeling, lives his life as best he can within his pack. When he comes upon a human woman being attacked by a rogue changeling, he has no idea that he will be in for the ride of his life. Zoey Tyler is running from her family's "gifts", unsure how to live with her own gifts. What she doesn't know is that a new gift is well on its way, and only Connor can help her with it.

Honestly, this book had me hooked from the first page. Not only is there a romance going on, there is action (the final fight scene is masterful), and there are the secrets that each side holds. Connor holds the truth of what he is for a while, and Zoey hides the facts about her family and the gifts they have. When they come together and share their secrets, they seem to become stronger unit. One's weakness is counteracted by the other's strength. And when fight an evil that has gone insane, there is nothing better. And best yet, she adds a nice twist that leaves you very excited to learn, because hints keep coming up!

I love how Ms. Harper not only takes a common legend, like werewolves, and makes it her own. Then she does something I think is absolutely wonderful by adding in some Celtic mythology. Love some Celtic mythology. And it wasn't that she tried to copy it; Rather she turned into her own.
I am very much looking forward to continuing this series. I highly recommend it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeling Moon.

June 21, 2011 – Shelved