Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Revenge

Revenge by Lexi Blake

May 05, 2017

description

descriptionThis cover is OK. Miz Blake's M&M series have WAY better covers in my opinion. It makes great use of graphics, and the composition is great. I am just not overly thrilled with the "REVENGE" Firstly it is a bit too far to the left (as is the author's name and bylines). Secondly, the font used just isn't that appealing to the eye. Book one was by FAR the best cover out of all three.description

descriptionI was a little apprehensive going into this one. Book two just wasn't that great and I am STILL trying to bleach my brain of Bran and his 100+ hookers. Thankfully this one reminded me why I adore this author's writing so much.

It goes without saying that this one was well written. Even a less than stellar Lexi Blake book is always well written. It had a non-stop pace. It had twist and turns. It had a VERY interesting development. I cannot wait to see where that is headed. It had angst. It had drama. It had feels. It had a few sex scenes (I wish there had been more). It had a great cast of secondary characters. It had Ian and a baby (hello ovaries) and two very likable main characters (no 100+ hookers for Drew!!)

description

A couple of things kept it from being a perfect read for me. One, I didn't particularly care for Charlotte's little chat with Shelby. I felt at that point the onus was on Drew to do the chasing and some groveling. I didn't think the guilt trip Charlie laid on Shelby was fair and honestly for all the manipulations Drew had pulled by that point he got off WAY too easily in the groveling department. Two, I would have liked to have seen an epilogue.

Those were just small things though, and overall this series has been very enjoyable to read. Two thumbs up from yours truly.description

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge.

October 14, 2016 – Shelved
October 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 5, 2017 – Shelved as: june-arcs-to-review
May 29, 2017 – Started Reading
May 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

Elle OMG can't wait to read this!! Hope Drew will meet my expectation <3 Amazing review, babe.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Elle wrote: "OMG can't wait to read this!! Hope Drew will meet my expectation <3 Amazing review, babe."

Thanks Darling! I hope you enjoy it as well. :D

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Great review, EVE! I haven't read any of her books yet T.T

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ wrote: "Great review, EVE! I haven't read any of her books yet T.T"

*Gasp* NOOOOO??!! *lol* She is pretty much my favorite author. :D

Kate's Corner I have hope *lol*

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kate wrote: "I have hope *lol*"

*lol* I found it much better than book two!

message 7: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Fantastic Review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Fantastic Review Eve :)"

Thanks Babe! :D