Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two, Vol. 1

Injustice by Tom    Taylor

Riveting stuff. Superman's rampage continues. He's decided that he needs to rule over mankind so he can keep it safe. Not everyone is down for it, so things come to a head between him and Batman. Heartbreaking, really. Batman will not give up. He's not made that way. Even he will take on a madman with unlimited power. Superman has lost his grip and he's developed a cult of personality around him. Very timely subject matter. Some leaders can do that, and that's when people have to make the truth clear. Even at great cost. Meanwhile, some galactic protectors need to decide if they will get in involved.

Batman is not able to to watch over Gotham (let's leave it at that), so Jim Gordon and his crew take up the mantle, along with the Birds of Prey. They have an asset in their favor to even the odds a little.

I wish I had written this review sooner, but it's so intense and affecting, and I'm not describing it well. Let's just suffice it to say that you can't read these books and be okay afterwards. It's good to be able to say, it's only fiction, and not all the DC books reflect this reality. Let's take this fiction and learn some lessons so we don't repeat these mistakes in real life, okay?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Injustice.

October 12, 2016 – Started Reading
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-action-heroines-challenge
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-dangerous-hero-challenge
November 21, 2016 – Shelved as: part-of-a-series

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike I'm trying to catch up the DC New 52, from Flashpoint to Rebirth. Do you think I should try the Injustice: Gods Among Us series before, during or after The New 52, or does it even matter?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Hi, Mike. It doesn't matter b/c. they are separate continuities. Thank God.

message 3: by Treece (new)

Treece Enjoyed the tone of this review. Introspective and insightful