Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > Hooked on Love

Hooked on Love by Jennie Marts

bookshelves: contemporary-romance

Hooked on Love is book two in the Cotton Creek series by Jennie Marts. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and have not been influenced by any outside sources.

Jennie Marts has done it again with this book. I didn’t really know what to expect going in and wow, I ended up falling in love with this little gem of a romance.

fly fishing gif

Sullivan Reed or ‘Sully’ leads a simple life. He has his little cabin, his business that sells fishing supplies and takes out guided tours, his grandfather’s old fishing cabin up the mountain and his best friend, his golden retriever, Sadie. That’s all he needs. Sully has been deeply hurt and he won’t ever let himself be put back in that position again. His ex-wife took everything she could from him and she continues to take. But more than the physical or monetary things she took from him, she also took his self confidence. She was an angry, bitter woman, and told him regularly that he wasn’t enough. That he was boring and simple. Sully hasn’t felt the least bit interested in connecting with a woman since the divorce. That is until he ran smack dab into a pair of the most beautiful legs he’d ever seen. And those legs belonged to a very beautiful woman by the name of Avery Oliver.

Sully's cabin:

“What was it about her that had his stomach in knots and his palms starting to sweat?”

Avery lives in Chicago and was sent to Cotton Creek, Colorado to do a story on the city girl in the mountains learning to fly fish. Avery is to stay in Cotton Creek for a week and a half and spend time with Sullivan Reed learning to fish. Their first encounter together was hilarious and definitely was not a romantic one. Avery needs to make this article the best she has ever written. So much is riding on it. She was offered a promotion if the article was a good one. But all it took was one fly fishing lesson to show them both that they shared something special.

woman in waders:

Thus began their adventure together. And let me tell you, it was truly an adventure. But through it all, Sully’s inner voice kept telling him that he could never be anything to her. That she would never fall for a guy like him.

“Why the heck would someone like Avery Oliver even think twice about him?”
“How could someone that thrived on the thrill of adventure ever be satisfied living in a small cabin in the middle of nowhere with someone as dull as him?”

Sully after the chainsaw scene! :):

This was a delightfully sweet, sexy and fun book. Avery showed Sully who he could be, who he really was. And that is a romantic, fun, adventurous and sexy man. In her eyes, a VERY sexy man. Can Sully learn to trust in the feelings that are growing between them? Can they find a way to make a life together with her life in Chicago and his in Colorado? I hope you’ll pick up the book to find out. Now I need to go back and read book one of this series, Romancing the Ranger. I am in love with this little Colorado town of Cotton Creek and can’t wait to read more about the people that live there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hooked on Love.

October 12, 2016 – Started Reading
October 12, 2016 – Shelved
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
October 13, 2016 –
37.0% "Chapter 6\nThis is so cute."
October 13, 2016 –
54.0% "Chapter 9\nWow, that was crazy intense."
October 13, 2016 –
74.0% "Chapter 12\n"For now. This was enough. It had to be. Because it was all they had.""
October 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by Alp (new)

Alp Wonderful review, Carol. :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Alp wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol. :)"

Thanks so much, Alp!!! XO

Cyndi Great review Carol! It sounds like Sully avoided women after the divorce so not a manwhore? Or had he been hooking up with OW?

message 4: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Carol! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Cyndi wrote: "Great review Carol! It sounds like Sully avoided women after the divorce so not a manwhore? Or had he been hooking up with OW?"

Thank you, Cyndi. He wasn't with anyone at all after the divorce. He tried to go on one date but was so uncomfortable that after a kiss on the cheek he gave up. Until he met Avery that is. :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Carol! :)"

Thanks so much, Candace!!! XO

message 7: by Evgeny (new)

Evgeny Nice review Carol!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Evgeny wrote: "Nice review Carol!"

Thanks so very much, Evgeny!! XO

Cyndi Yay! Thanks Carol! I will put this on my TBR!

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Terrific review, Carol, dear ! <3

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ wrote: "Terrific review, Carol, dear ! <3"

Thanks so much, Maria. I love Jennie's books. This was just wonderful.

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I love this review! Great job Carol.

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Andrea wrote: "I love this review! Great job Carol."

Thanks so much, Andrea. I just loved this book!

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Excellent review Carol!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Sophie wrote: "Excellent review Carol!"

Thank you, dear Sophie!! ;)

Shari Love the pictures, great review!!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Shari wrote: "Love the pictures, great review!!"

Thank you so much, Shari. Jennie Marts has become one of my fave authors!

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen Wonderful review, Carol! ❤️

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Jen wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol! ❤️"

Thanks so much, Jen!! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Happy Release Day, Jennie Marts!!! XO

Happy Book Birthday

message 21: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo Lovely review, Carol! You definitely convinced me to read it :-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Joanita wrote: "Lovely review, Carol! You definitely convinced me to read it :-)"

Thanks so much, Joanita! Jennie Marts is most definitely becoming one of my favorite authors. Now I need to go back and read the first book!

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Awesome review, Carol :) xx

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Megan wrote: "Awesome review, Carol :) xx"

Thank you SO much, Megan!! XO

message 25: by Jennie (new)

Jennie Marts Carol- you make my heart happy!! Thank you! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Jennie wrote: "Carol- you make my heart happy!! Thank you! :)"
I loved the book, Jennie! And, you are so very welcome!! XO