Brandi Aga's Reviews > Ten Thousand Truths

Ten Thousand Truths by Kelli Jean

bookshelves: arc-and-netgalley

OH. MY. GOSH. I loved this book. Kelli is new to me as an author and I was blown away by this book. I hadn't even read the other two books in this series when I read the blurb for this one and knew I had to read it. Best decision ever. Ten Thousand Truths has so many layers to it. It's somewhat dark.... There could be triggers for certain readers. It's not pretty, it's messy and disturbing on so many levels and the suspense and thrilling moments will make your heart race. The feelings between Deo and Opie only intensify all the emotions running through this book!

Opie goes through something so painful and unimaginable and loses her whole family. With the person who did this unknown and still on the loose, she's left with so many insecurities and doubts about herself afterwards that every day is a challenge.

Deo faces some monsters of his own. Dealing with his past and coping with other teens/adults in a program he runs to help those who were once abused. What Deo went through is a huge part of this book. Being with Opie, he's forced to revisit something that once turned his life upside down that just might bring Opie the justice she's looking for.

"You told me you don’t even notice the tattoos on my face when you look at me. You know they’re there, but you see past them. Why would you think it would be any different for me when I see your scars?”

I loved these two characters together. The more I read the more I couldn't stop thinking about them when I wasn't reading. The love that they have for each other runs so deep and pure. Knowing what the other went through and all the problems they have with themselves and they still stick by, ready to fight, no questions asked.

When things take a turn and get really bad for Deo, their relationship is tested. Opie may get the justice they've been searching for but at what price?

My rating: 5/5 stars
You can read more of my reviews here: https://afterthepages.wordpress.com/

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Thousand Truths.

October 12, 2016 – Started Reading
October 12, 2016 – Shelved
October 12, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% "A guiding light brings two lost souls together , so they can face their demons with courage and know they’re not alone."
October 15, 2016 –
42.0% "To me , now …I was a goddamn survivor. And that in itself was a beautiful thing."
October 15, 2016 –
48.0% "“You told me you don’t even notice the tattoos on my face when you look at me. You know they’re there, but you see past them. Why would you think it would be any different for me when I see your scars?”"
October 16, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-and-netgalley