Natalie (Never trust a duck)'s Reviews > Chasing Truth

Chasing Truth by Julie Cross

Thank you to Andye from readingteen.net for letting me read this!!!

The cast the cast the cast THE CAST! I want to either be Eleanor's best friend. Or BE her. She was wonderfully sarcastic and manipulative, I loved her development. I also liked that Ellie was a bit of an unreliable narrator. She didn't see how she truly affected people because she had such a harsh view of herself from her conning past. She's a reformed con artist and is on the hunt to discover who murdered her best friend...which some people think she did. Some of the cons and shows she put on were so amazing that I'm pretty sure she coined the Bend and Snap.

description

And the in comes wannabe Aquaman who seems to be mirroring Eleanor's investigation while still maintaining his goody-two-shoes persona (it's kinda adorable and refreshing on the subject of YA boyfriends, kinda annoying on the subject I just wanted him to break some rules). Miles is a wonderful human being who has strong inclinations to rule books, tuna casserole, and, well, Ellie (INSERT AN ARMY OF THE WINKY FACES).

descriptoin

The rest of the characters are all unique and interesting to get to know. I especially love Ellie's living situation and the roomies that come with it.

Maybe my Nancy Drew sleuthing skills need some severe brushing up (highly unlikely), but the mystery that Julie Cross weaved was full of many twists and confusing characters that had me unsure of the culprit until the end of the book.

There's everything you need in a modern mystery involving senator's sons. Car takeovers, an obscene amount of listening devices, picking locks, flushing drugs, almost drowning...the usual.

It's also a solid length of a novel, which was perfect because I didn't want it to end!

Happy Reading!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Truth.

October 12, 2016 – Shelved
October 26, 2016 – Shelved as: paperback
October 26, 2016 – Shelved as: read2review
October 27, 2016 –
page 47
11.75% "I wanna be friends with this girl, she's brilliant. And then I'd go to her house a lot and have/watch Aiden cook for us...wait what?"
October 29, 2016 – Shelved as: bringing-out-the-sleuth-in-me