Samantha Bilodeau's Reviews > Three Simple Words

Three Simple Words by A.J. Pine

I'll start this by saying that I eagerly gobble up every Kingston Alehouse series book that comes out and have loved both of the previous books!

"Three Simple Words" is no exception! This book is Annie's story. Annie is a fairly quiet bookstore owner who loves romance and also blogs about it. She meets Wes again, who is her younger brother's best friend from high school, and sparks don't exactly fly for her right away since he is a writer of a not-really-romance bestseller and she hates his book. We meet Wes when he basically runs back home to Chicago from NYC because he is blocked and at a loss for how to even begin his second book.

I really liked both Wes and Annie, and loved the fact that the romance was between an author and a bookstore owner! There were a lot of discussions and opinions on HEA and HFN, different tropes, etc. that were just fun to read. And the fact that Wes is the type who gets quite a bit of "inspiration" from real life when he writes was amusing and interesting. The chemistry between these two is wonderful and they bring out the best in one another, as the best couples do!

There is a decent amount of Brynn, Jamie, Holly and Will (couples from the first two books) in this that I enjoyed, but I'm not 100% that it would mean as much to someone who hasn't read their books. This is definitely standalone though, and the first two books are awesome, so I imagine this would just encourage checking those books out after finishing this! :)

This story is low on melodrama and flows in a very natural way! I would highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a fun & sexy author-reader romance!

I received an ARC from the publisher to voluntarily review. This is no way influenced my review. My opinion is my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Simple Words.

Finished Reading