Rachel Reads Ravenously's Reviews > Punk 57

Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas

bookshelves: arc, ebooks, new-adult-mania, romance

4 stars

“We were perfect for each other. Until we met.”

Misha and Ryen have been pen pals since they were kids, being paired up by accident as Ryen is a boyish name and the teachers made a mistake. Over the years the two keep in touch, becoming essential to one another. But they made rules, no cell phones, no Facebook and no meeting. When Misha randomly attends a party and realizes Ryen is there, he doesn’t find what he expected.

What happens when you love someone, and then are disappointed when you meet them?

“There’s no one like you, and I can’t love you if you stop being you.”

Penelope Douglas never fails to deliver a unique and intriguing story with compelling characters. I think the timing in this book was perfect, all of the revelations and reveals happened at the right moments without feeling forced. The book had a great flow to it and once you pick it up you won’t be able to put it down.

I felt so much for Ryen for most of the book. I know what’s it’s like to have been teased and bullied in elementary school, and those scars never completely go away. I understood and related to all of her actions and feelings because I went through them myself. I think Douglas included important messages in this book, most prevalent to me was there’s more to a person than meets the eye.

“We’re all ugly, Ryen. The only difference is, some hide it and some wear it.”

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Punk 57.

October 12, 2016 – Started Reading
October 12, 2016 – Shelved
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: ebooks
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: new-adult-mania
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
October 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Looking forward to it Rach! = )

Eve (Between The Bookends) Awesome review! :D

Candace Great review, Rachel! :)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog FABULOUS review Rachel!!
xoxoxo

Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★ Loved this review! This was a great book and yes, the message was so inspiring!

Rachel Reads Ravenously Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Garrett~Dean~Rafe~Liam~Beck~ & Archer wrote: "Enjoy Hun! :)
xoxo"

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Looking forward to it Rach! = )"

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Awesome review! :D"

Candace wrote: "Great review, Rachel! :)"

Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Garrett~Dean~Rafe~Liam~Beck~ & Archer wrote: "FABULOUS review Rachel!!
xoxoxo"

Camaro wrote: "Loved this review! This was a great book and yes, the message was so inspiring!"

Thanks everyone!

Christy I'm so excited to read this!! Fabulous review, Rachel! xo

Rachel Reads Ravenously Christy wrote: "I'm so excited to read this!! Fabulous review, Rachel! xo"

Thanks Christy! I hope you enjoy :)

message 10: by ♥Rachel♥ (new) - added it

♥Rachel♥ I'm very interested, Rachel! Wonderful review! :)

Rachel Reads Ravenously ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "I'm very interested, Rachel! Wonderful review! :)"

Thanks Rachel!

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Fabulous review, Rachel xx

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Awesome review, Rachel! xx

Rachel Reads Ravenously ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ wrote: "Fabulous review, Rachel xx"

Thanks Jx!

Rachel Reads Ravenously Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ wrote: "Awesome review, Rachel! xx"

Thanks Lana!

Rachel Reads Ravenously Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ wrote: "great review Rachel!"

Thanks Sharon!

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~ Fabulous review Rachel ;)

Bartleby  Reads Who is that guy on your pic? I need to know his name LOL, that's exactly how I imagined Misha!

Rachel Reads Ravenously ~ Stéphanie ~ wrote: "Fabulous review Rachel ;)"

Thanks!

Rachel Reads Ravenously Bartleby wrote: "Who is that guy on your pic? I need to know his name LOL, that's exactly how I imagined Misha!"

I found him on pinterest, don't know the name :/
Sorry!