Angie's Reviews > Tithe

Tithe by Holly Black

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, fantasy-romance, young-adult

Synopsis: "Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces Kaye back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms - a struggle that could very well mean her death."

My Review: I was kind of up and down with this one. There were things I enjoyed like the familiarity of some of the Faery realm and major players. But then I didn't like other important things like Kaye. She was at times too mature and other times so immature and naïve I thought she was a pre-teen. I did enjoy Corny, I thought he was a fantastic character who sadly ended up taking such a minor role and was basically there to throw a little extra wrench in things. The author did take a little bit of a cop-out way to remove some of the other difficult to incorporate characters out of the story. The conclusion was rushed as well, suddenly everything is just better because Roiben speaks. It was really an eh book for me but at least it was a quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tithe.

June 20, 2011 – Shelved