Charlene's Reviews > Pemberley Ranch

Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell

Recommended for: everyone that loves romance with intrigue
Read 2 times. Last read April 15, 2013 to April 18, 2013.

This a second read for me. I read this book when it came out first and was a little new to the fan fic but since than I've come to appreciate the great stories told by the aceptional writers and one of them is Jack Caldwell. This book was wonderful the first time around but the second was amazing. I rated this story 4 stars before and now if I could I would rate it 6. I never appreciated how intricately Jack wove in all of Jane Austens characters into the story line and Darcy and Beth(Lizzy) were perfect. Darcy was half Darcy but with the swagger of the hero's in Bonanza!(all I can thin of is Pernal Roberts)siiiggghhh! Anyway all the miscomunication and prejudice comes out on both sides especially because this story takes place post civil war. And Darcy is a Confederate and Beth is for the Union! Wow that takes it to a new level of misunderstanding. Of course Jane and Bingley are all sweetness. Though Bingley is a confederate, but being a Physcian he has a great bed side manner which makes us all forget what side he fought. You'll love the nasty Catherine Bourgh and Whitehouse(Wickham)is all that is evil in a perfect face. There are lots of other Austen characters in this story and it will feed your Jane Austen appetite. Highly recomend especially if your also a "Gone with the Wind" kind of person.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pemberley Ranch.

Finished Reading