may ❀'s Reviews > This Adventure Ends

This Adventure Ends by Emma   Mills

Full review posted:

THIS. BOOK. IS. PERFECT.

If I could leave that as my review I think it would be sufficient bc like legit, its perfect. I feel like Emma Mills has ruined contemporaries for me because I’ll be comparing them to this perfection and they’ll always come short.

description

But I need to give y’all more incentive to read the book than just that. So im gonna try to write this out. . .

#1: Friendships
- NO GIRL HATE
- I REPEAT
- THERE 👏 IS 👏 NO 👏 GIRL 👏 HATE 👏
- And when the MC thinks bad things about another female character she RIGHT AWAY calls herself out on it
- GIRLS AND GUYS HAVE FRIENDSHIPS AND WITHOUT PINNING ON EACH OTHER
- EVERYONE NEEDS A VERA AS THEIR BEST FRIEND

#2: Sloane
- the best, most relatable, confused, HILARIOUS, normal mc you have ever come across
- you know that character that feels like a fictional embodiment of yourself ??? that’s Sloane to me
- shes just so effing relatable
- she covers up her insecurities with humour (me me me me me me me)
- shes the best big sister in the world
- she has this grade A relationship with her parents like OH MY GOD CAN THEY PLEASE ADOPT ME

#3: MICHAEL FINCH aka the Dad
- SLOANE’S DAD IS A LITERAL GEEK
- WELL FIRSTLY HES AN AUTHOR
- like a Nicholas Sparks kinda author
- and hes also just as hilarious as his daughter
- BUT HE’S A LITERAL GEEK AS I MENTIONED
- He reads fanfiction
- And prints out pages of fanfiction and forces his daughter to read them
- And join the fandom so they can geek out together
“I find my dad in his office when I’m finished. “So someone printed out a Were School fanfic and left it on my bed,” I say.
“Huh. Gee. That’s odd.”
“Seriously?”
My dad swivels around in his chair. “Did you like it? It’s one of my favorites. I’m compiling a rec list.”

#4: THE HUMOUR
- everyone in this book is a fricken comedian
- READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT
- I swear I was laughing so loudly I was afraid my brother would think I lost my marbles (which they probably already think but like who cares)
- AND LIKE it honest to goodness funny not like trying to hard or like lame funny
- JUST REALLY GOOD FUNNY

#5: Real Stuff
- Its not all laughs and goofs for these lovable children
- They all have their issues and they try to work with the hurt and pain they’ve experienced
- I really really really love the twin dynamic that Gabe and Vera have
- Its really well done how they can be arguing and namecalling but they got each other’s backs like you best not cross one of them bc youre butt is gonna get whooped
- There were parts where I genuinely cried, I felt that pain deep inside my heart
- But then the next minute Sloane cracks some lame joke and all is saved

description

And lots and lots and lots of beautiful friendship building and SLOWBURN and its just amazing please bring happiness into your life and pick it up !!!!!!

. . . and if youre still not convinced. . .then read it bc the naked hardcover is beautiful.

“Dreams don't have to be realistic- that's why they're dreams. You have to work to make them happen. Or else they would be...realities”

5 stars!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Adventure Ends.

October 11, 2016 – Shelved
August 10, 2017 – Started Reading
August 11, 2017 –
page 85
26.56% "GUYS THIS BOOK IS BLOODY HILARIOUS GO GET IT RIGHT NOW IM IN TEARS FROM LAUGHING"
August 11, 2017 –
page 190
59.38% "im crying one second and then giggling like a 6 year old in the next second

im too far gone with this book send help or dont im enjoying it too much"
August 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)

message 1: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ why would you say naked and hardcover in the same sentence

may ❀ prag ⚓ wrote: "why would you say naked and hardcover in the same sentence"

hahahahahhahahahahaha
PRAG ITS LITERALLY THE PRETTIEST THING THO
wait lemme find a picture
(NOT MINE)

may ❀ READ IT PLEASE PLEAES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧ this book sounds real good. also, that naked hardcover is gorgeous. i might just buy this adventure ends for that reason alone.

⚔ Silvia ⚓ I love your review and I need to get my hands on this book omg :D also thE DAD READS FANFICTION WHAT I LOVE HIM ALREADY

trash™️ wow may lol

message 7: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ she covers up her insecurities with humour (me me me me me me me)
you??? humor???

Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword I am so glad you loved it, one of the bests 💙🔥

message 9: by Steven (new)

Steven Brown Awesome review!!!

message 10: by Hari (new) - added it

Hari ~Brekker-Maresh~ Convinced

may ❀ Sonja [BadassWanderer] wrote: "this book sounds real good. also, that naked hardcover is gorgeous. i might just buy this adventure ends for that reason alone."

honeslty thats a good enough reason !!! I HOPE YOU LOVE IT

may ❀ Silvia ⚓ wrote: "I love your review and I need to get my hands on this book omg :D also thE DAD READS FANFICTION WHAT I LOVE HIM ALREADY"

thanks bby YES HE LITERALLY WRITES AND READS FANFICTION ITS LITERALLY THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD I WANT TO BE ADOPTED

may ❀ trash™️ wrote: "wow may lol"

shhh its that good

may ❀ May wrote: "she covers up her insecurities with humour (me me me me me me me)
you??? humor???"

go away you dont know the real me okay im actually funny . . .sometimes. . . kinda. . .idk

may ❀ Sara aka Ice Queen Outside, Softy Inside❤ wrote: "I am so glad you loved it, one of the bests 💙🔥"

IT REALLY IS!!! Wow, i loved this one so much!

may ❀ Steven wrote: "Awesome review!!!"

Thank youuu!!

may ❀ Hari wrote: "Convinced"

imagine me screaming for 14 hours bc thats what im doing right now!! I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DID

message 18: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity Irwin Marked it "want to read"!

may ❀ Trinity wrote: "Marked it "want to read"!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Seriously that made my day!!

message 20: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ OH WAIT THIS IS THE PRETTY LIBRARY BOOK

may ❀ prag ⚓ wrote: "OH WAIT THIS IS THE PRETTY LIBRARY BOOK"

YES I TOLD YOU LIKE 16 TIMES

message 22: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J THIS. REVIEW. IS EXACTLY HOW I FELT ABOUT THE BOOK

may ❀ J wrote: "THIS. REVIEW. IS EXACTLY HOW I FELT ABOUT THE BOOK"

NFIERHIOUAFHAUSFA IM SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU LOVED THE BOOK AS MUCH AS I DID

message 24: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Mann Such a lovely, heartwarming review. Made me laugh and smile reading your words x

may ❀ Zoe wrote: "Such a lovely, heartwarming review. Made me laugh and smile reading your words x"

awww, that's so sweet of you to say! :) you made me smile with your comment

message 26: by Nadhira (new) - added it

Nadhira Satria "I felt that pain deep inside my heart"

I'm laughing so hard lmaoooooooo

message 27: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie wow, this is one hell of a review, made me smile hehe
guess I'll have to add the book to my tbr x)

may ❀ Nadhira wrote: ""I felt that pain deep inside my heart"

I'm laughing so hard lmaoooooooo"

hahhaha DONT LAUGH AT MY PAIN

may ❀ Valerie wrote: "wow, this is one hell of a review, made me smile hehe
guess I'll have to add the book to my tbr x)"

aaaaaahhhh thank you so much sweetie, i feel v accomplished right now
I HOPE YOU LOVE IT!

message 30: by Yusra (new) - added it

Yusra  ✨ a pretty cover with an equally good book is a blessing, adding this asap

message 31: by may ❀ (last edited Apr 15, 2018 07:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

may ❀ Yusra wrote: "a pretty cover with an equally good book is a blessing, adding this asap"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA YES YES YES YES IM HOPING YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DID

veganjilly You absolutely nailed it! This book is awesome!

Megan G Amazing analysis! I loved the book, too. This is literally the review I was looking for... someone who would totally geek out over this book just as much as I am. I just finished it and it is now definitely my favorite book :)

may ❀ veganjilly wrote: "You absolutely nailed it! This book is awesome!"

ahhh thank you so much, i'm so glad you loved this book too!!

may ❀ Megan wrote: "Amazing analysis! I loved the book, too. This is literally the review I was looking for... someone who would totally geek out over this book just as much as I am. I just finished it and it is now d..."

aww, thats so sweet of you to say. im glad you enjoyed my review and im SO HAPPY you loved the book too bc i felt like it was EXACTLY the book i needed at the time

dezzy AAHHH MAY THIS IS SUCH A GREAT REVIEW!! you perfectly described how incredible this book (and Sloane) is 💖 and omg this review made me go back and take off the dust jacket of the hardcover, and OMG THE NAKED HARDCOVER TRULY IS BEAUTIFUL, I AM IN LOVEEE 😍 (thanks for letting me know about this haha, i would've never checked otherwise whoops)

may ❀ dezzy wrote: "AAHHH MAY THIS IS SUCH A GREAT REVIEW!! you perfectly described how incredible this book (and Sloane) is 💖 and omg this review made me go back and take off the dust jacket of the hardcover, and OMG..."

jlkrefjlak THANK YOU SO MUCH i seriously love this book with my whole heart and im so glad you enjoyed it too. sloane is so hilarious omg i aspire to be her
and yesss it's so gorgeous emma mills's books are a work of art