L.A. Starks's Reviews > The Trespasser

The Trespasser by Tana French

Tana French is so much at the top of her game I could rate this book six or seven stars. The Trespasser is her best yet, in a career of superb books.

Her ear for dialogue is pitch-perfect. Her protagonist is a tough, unapologetic detective to whom we could listen forever.

The case illustrates loyalty, joy in job (way too rare in books), suspense, the need for and danger of living inside one's head, and character trajectory scenes that sparkle in unexpected ways.

The Trespasser will make readers hope to be stuck in lines or at doctors' offices or at airports--any place that allows an excuse to dive back into the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trespasser.

October 11, 2016 – Shelved
October 11, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
October 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Martha Goldberg Thanks for the recommendation! Do you need to read all her previous books in order to read The trespasser?

L.A. Starks No, you do not. The protags differ.

message 3: by Gail (new)

Gail Thanks, I'm planning to read it.

L.A. Starks Martha Goldberg wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation! Do you need to read all her previous books in order to read The trespasser?"

Sorry so late on reply. No, don't have to read earlier books.

message 5: by Gram (new)

Gram I read Tana French's 1st book a while ago and enjoyed it, but haven't read any since. Will have to check up on her Dublin Murder Squad series.

message 6: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Peled I hate the cover

Pankaj Verma Found it too slow
Initial chapters are way too long and story doesn't go anywhere
Only the climax forced me to give it 2 star, otherwise I would have given it 1.
It was first of Tana French book I read.
Characterisation is good they are as so you described.
But I struggled to finish this book.