Marsha's Reviews > Oubliette

Oubliette by Megg Jensen

1991207

Recommended for: Young Adults and Adults

"Oubliette" is an outstanding sequel to "Anathema." This book begins two weeks after the last novel left off and from the first page the mystery and intrigue begins.

I really enjoy the writing of Megg Jensen and she is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. Why? Because Megg knows how to capture a reading audience from the very beginning and keep them enthralled to the very end. Additionally, she does not need a lot of verbage or novels to get the job done. She tells her story succinctly without forfeiting plot development, characterization or interest. She is an efficient story telling machine.

In this episode, Reychel, the Cloud Prophet escapes to a new land and meets the daughter of Nemison, the man who is to teach her how to use her gifts. However, Nemison is captured before he can join her. Reychel is unsure who she can trust and who she should fear. She has been betrayed by so many including the man she loves, Mark. So, should she trust Krissin, the daughter of Nemison? She learns more of her gift but struggles to use it to its full potential. Additionally, she is reunited with Mark and must reconcile her emotions with the man. At times it is hard to believe that she is only 16 years old.

I loved the characters and the plot. Each time I thought I knew what was going to happen, I was pleasantly surprised. I cannot wait for the last book in the trilogy although I will miss the series in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oubliette.

June 20, 2011 – Started Reading