Brooks Houser's Reviews > The Dark Tower

The Dark Tower by Stephen King

Jun 19, 2011

I just now finished this breathtakingly epic series and I leave it with nothing but respect. The ending and the tragic message that goes along with it is undoubtedly one of the worst human conditions... rushing through every day, blindly, towards some end goal and then when it is reached the entire journey is forgotten. The best part of this epic literary piece of genius is that he made us love and hate and cry along with and be angry at and root for so many different wonderful characters. That is what I wanted out of this series all along. the journey. The people hating the ending want that finale that eclipses all else... and what exactly is that... Roland's death in an epic battle? Everyone returning from the grave to be a big happy ka-tet again? There was no other way around this story than self examination.... if you need some orgasmic ending that bad than you are exactly what the message of this series is referring to. Just appreciate it. Be engrossed, enthralled, in love with every moment of the lives of some of the best characters ever created. Hats off to you Sai King.... you most certainly are Gan to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Tower.