Kyla Harris's Reviews > Hatchet

Pace - 8/10
Ending - 8/10
76/100 = C+
3.5/5 stars

I enjoyed this book but it wasn't anything special in my opinion. I read this because one of my school friends said it was his favorite.. ever so I had to give it a go! Wasn't bad but didn't blow my mind or anything. I was completely content in putting and down to do other things, wasn't gripped at all... wait on second thought Brian ends up dropping the Hatchet in the water. That sense was intense and gripping besides that I found myself just along for the ride.

What I'd read this book for: if you're looking for a short and easy read. a vaca, no hard thinking or new world's, etc.

In all, it's good book and I can see how it became a classic for middle grade students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hatchet.

October 9, 2016 – Started Reading
October 9, 2016 – Shelved
October 9, 2016 –
page 69
37.1% "this book is suppose to be pretty amazing so I've decided to read it, didn't realize it was so short!"
October 10, 2016 –
page 163
87.63% "this book is good, not a favorite tho"
October 12, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Sam! (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam! at the bookstore Ugh, I remember attempting to read this in 5th grade. Definitely one of my least favorites of all time. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though!

Kyla Harris Haha wow! least favorites of all time! it was definatly written for middle grade students that's for sure, I probably would have felt the same if I hadn't listened to it on aduio XD

Aiden Jauss i love that book