Katie W's Reviews > To Suit a Suitor

To Suit a Suitor by Paula Kremser

bookshelves: regency, romance-clean

What in the world is wrong with Julia? Julia and her younger sister must be wed before their mother can remarry, but after three London seasons, she's still single. Men are mysteriously driven away and she wants to know why. When a cousin needs help for a couple of months, Julia jumps at the chance to escape London and finds solace in the quiet countryside...and she also finds Henry, the catch of the area.

Why is it unobtainable things are always desired the most? Those are exactly the sentiments of both Julia and Henry. Neither feels they have a chance with the other and when a few twists and turns cause some jealousy, the real fun begins. I love that the reader gets to see Julia after she's fed up with trying to please society and we get to see who she really is. She doesn't care about offending--she's just going to state her mind and follow her heart. I cannot imagine living in a time when there's so much pressure to marry, whether there's love or not. I feel this story paints a vivid picture of that pressure and the result, in this case, is pure romance and entertainment.

I love that this story has a few predicable surprises because they add life to the plot. The conflicts are very believable and the feelings are realistic, yet the story is a lot of fun. There are a few sentiments of other favorite period tales--a silly sister, a gentle and sweet romance, misunderstandings, and more. This is a great read for any Regency lover.

Content: mild, clean romance.

*I received a copy from the publisher for review. All thoughts and opinions are given voluntarily and are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Suit a Suitor.

October 9, 2016 – Shelved
October 9, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
November 10, 2016 – Shelved as: regency
November 10, 2016 – Shelved as: romance-clean
November 11, 2016 – Started Reading
November 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Aimee (Getting Your Read On) Glad to see you got this one done! :) I just finished it too but my review isn't until next week. I enjoyed it as well.

Katie W I had something last week that took up a TON of time--all week long--and I'm barely hanging on with my reviews. :) A book a day is what I have to do for just a few more days and then maybe I can get ahead... I can't wait to read your thoughts!