Sarah L's Reviews > Twisted Palace

Twisted Palace by Erin Watt

it was ok
bookshelves: arc

When I received Twisted Palace I was more than happy to jump right in. I had become addicted to Reed and Ella, to the drama, to the story. I just needed more.

And now that I’ve finished reading it, I’m still left needing more. Not because it was so amazingly good that I didn’t want to see it end, but because it didn’t feel like the way this highly addictive series should have finished. It was a little tedious in my eyes.

Ella was so strong in the first two books that I admired her. She was a fighter and didn’t put up with crap from anybody. She faced things head on and I had a major girl crush on her. That all seemed to go away in Twisted Palace. Seriously, guys. Someone stole her balls and I need them to give them back.

Another thing I had an issue with was the pace of the story. The first 70 – 80% of the book was slower than watching paint dry. I don’t say this to be mean, it just took so long to get from point A to point B that I felt like a majority of this book was just filler, unfortunately.

I was also a little bummed as the ending was predictable in my eyes. I felt like there was a bright neon sign hanging over this person's head saying, "It's me. I did it!" It also wasn’t finely tuned as there were some plot holes that were never filled. I’d list the questions that I was left with, but they would give away some things in the story and I refuse to do that to you guys.

That being said, I AM looking forward to Easton's book. He intrigues me, makes me laugh, and I can't wait to see who finally gets him to settle down.

I truly do love the way Jen and Elle come together to write as Erin and I won't let this keep me from one-clicking their future work. I just hope the future Series comes to a better closing than this one did.

Overall, Twisted Palace was a two and a half star read for me. It was okay but it just didn't live up to the first two books in my opinion.

**An ARC was provided to me and this is just my honest opinion**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Palace.

October 8, 2016 – Started Reading
October 8, 2016 – Shelved
October 8, 2016 –
48.0% "Steve is getting on my last nerve."
October 11, 2016 – Shelved as: arc