Julie's Reviews > Blood Red Kiss

Blood Red Kiss by Kresley Cole

Blood Red Kiss by Kresley Cole. Larissa Ione, and Gena Showalter is a 2016 Pocket books publication.

This anthology series features three short stories from three wildly successful paranormal/urban fantasy series, by three incredibly well-loved and popular authors.

The story I am going to review here is – ‘The Warlord Wants Forever’ by Kresley Cole.

This story first appeared in an anthology entitled “Playing Easy to Get” and is the first story is the amazing “Immortals After Dark” series.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t know if I have read this story, which was released back in 2006, originally. I have read the entire IAD series, but don't think I ever got around to reading this one.

I have heard some people say this edition has been updated, but I can’t swear to that.

The story centers around Myst and Wroth, a Valkyrie and a vampire. When Wroth finds Myst the couple experiences an instant tension between them, but Wroth is on a mission and Myst, despite his initial first impression, gives him a fight of a lifetime. They war it out for five years, one upping each other until they can't fight the passion between them any longer.

“No one possess me, except in their fantasies. I’ll kill you as easily as kiss you” – Myst

The banter is what makes this story so good, and of course it is steamy, steamy, steamy! It’s no wonder this story had everyone panting and begging for more of the series and why it has remained so popular.

If you have read any of the other books in the series, you know how wicked Cole’s sense of humor is and how wild her imagination is. So, even if you missed this one somewhere along the way, you will be glad you decided to read it.

If you have already read it, again, I am told this version is slightly different from the original, so you may want to give it a second look.

The other two stories included in this anthology are:

“Forsaken by Night” by Larissa Ione- from the MoonBound Clan Vampires
“Dark Swan” by Gena Showalter- from Otherworld Assassin

I can’t speak for the other two books included, because I am totally unfamiliar with those series. But, I’m sure fans of the authors and their respective series, will want to include this book in their collection and for those looking for a paranormal read for Halloween, this collection might be just what you are looking for.

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Red Kiss.

October 8, 2016 – Shelved
October 8, 2016 – Shelved as: xoxpert-books
October 8, 2016 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
October 11, 2016 – Started Reading
October 12, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Amanda Thanks for the review!! If you're a fan of PNR books, I HIGHLY recommend anything by Larissa Ione and Gena Showalter! Let me know if you want recommendations- their books are go-to reads for me and I'm sure you'll love them just as much as I do!!

Julie Amanda wrote: "Thanks for the review!! If you're a fan of PNR books, I HIGHLY recommend anything by Larissa Ione and Gena Showalter! Let me know if you want recommendations- their books are go-to reads for me and..."

Amanda,
Thanks so much!! I have every intention of diving into these highly recommended series someday. I've heard more about Gena Showalter than Larissa Ione, but both sound like outstanding authors with well loved series.