Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > 27 Truths: Ava's Story

27 Truths by M.J. Fields

bookshelves: contemporary, bittersweet

WHY?????? WHY?????? WHY?????? That's my first thought after reading this book!!

Heartbroken. I'm literally trying not to cry while writing this review. I'm valiantly fighting not to turn this review into a rant. I'm still trying to figure out how I've developed such a love/hate connection with this book. I'm still trying to accept the events that transpired in this story.

Ava has always been in love with Luke. Ever since she was a little girl wearing her tutu and crown. She found her way by his side and he let her. She was the princess and he was her knight in shining armour. Her very own Prince Charming. After high school graduation, she seizes the opportunity to take their "relationship" to the next level and from there they start a seven year long physical relationship, which Luke continually stresses will never turn into anything more. No emotions. No strings. Seven years later, Ava feels brave enough to ask for love, only for Luke to shut her down and break her heart.

Luckily there was a beautiful man by the name of Thomas, who had loved her for so long. He literally picked her up, mended the pieces of her broken heart, and loved the heck out of his goddess. I fell for Thomas right away. He gave Ava everything she was looking for and needed. He was extremely sweet and he brought sunshine and butterflies to her life. He came from horrific beginnings, which made me admire him for how far he came and the person he turned out to be.

I'm going to be honest. I really did love and hate this book equally. That's why I had to give it 5 stars. Because it freaking wrecked me. Please be prepared to be heartbroken too.

This is a story about friends, family, love, loss, hope, sunshine, butterflies and taking chances.

Copy provided in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 27 Truths.

October 8, 2016 – Started Reading
October 8, 2016 – Shelved
October 10, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
October 10, 2016 – Shelved as: bittersweet
October 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

Natalie The Biblioholic Maddie ♥ ┼ wrote: "Enjoy, love Maddie♥"

Thanks sweetie

message 2: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Great review, Natalie! :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Candace wrote: "Great review, Natalie! :)"

Thank you Candace! xo

i fall in love book blog You are making me want to read this, but I can't do heartbreak... I NEED a HEA.

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️ After this review I must read. Plus my daughter's name is Ava :) Great review!

Natalie The Biblioholic i fall in love book blog wrote: "You are making me want to read this, but I can't do heartbreak... I NEED a HEA."

LOL I hear you. There is a HEA... just not in this book. It's in book 2. But the story is worth the heartbreak!

Natalie The Biblioholic Danielle wrote: "After this review I must read. Plus my daughter's name is Ava :) Great review!"

Aww!! Well, I hope you love it, Danielle!!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Ohhhh sounds good!! Great review, my dear!!! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Jenny wrote: "Ohhhh sounds good!! Great review, my dear!!! xx"

It was so good. Thanks Jenny xo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fantastic review, hon! xo

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover Fab review hun!

Natalie The Biblioholic Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Fantastic review, hon! xo"

Nancy✦SteamyReadsBlog✦ wrote: "Great review, babe! <3"

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover wrote: "Fab review hun!"

Thank you my lovelies!! xoxo

message 13: by Pam (new)

Pam Nelson Damn girl you make me NEED to read this book! Fab Review =:-)

Natalie The Biblioholic Pam wrote: "Damn girl you make me NEED to read this book! Fab Review =:-)"

LOL!! Then you BETTER read this book!! Thanks babe! xoxo

XxTainaxX I've been putting this one off because of the emotion but I'm ARCing book two so I've got to do it soon. Great review!

Natalie The Biblioholic XxTainaxX wrote: "I've been putting this one off because of the emotion but I'm ARCing book two so I've got to do it soon. Great review!"

LOL That's why I had to read this one. I was hesitant too because of the feels. But book 1 HAS to be read before book 2. The heartbreak is worth it.

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ Awesome review Natalie!! <3

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Brilliant review, Natalie.... Sounds like just my cuppa tea xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥ wrote: "Awesome review Natalie!! <3"

Thank you so much Sonya! xo

Natalie The Biblioholic ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ wrote: "Brilliant review, Natalie.... Sounds like just my cuppa tea xx"

Thanks babe! I hope you love it too!! xo

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Wonderful review Natalie xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Jennifer wrote: "Wonderful review Natalie xx"

Thank you Jennifer! xoxo

message 23: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Great review, Natalie. I felt your pain! xo

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Stunning review, Natalie :) xx

Christie«SHBBblogger» FAB review, hon! <3

Natalie The Biblioholic Tricia wrote: "Great review, Natalie. I felt your pain! xo"

Thanks Tricia! Gosh, the feels in this book! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Megan wrote: "Stunning review, Natalie :) xx"

Thanks so much, Megan! xo

Natalie The Biblioholic Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "FAB review, hon! <3"

Thank you so much Christie!! xoxo

Chantal ❤️ Awesome review! It sounds a little intense for me right now however. I will put it on my maybe.

Natalie The Biblioholic Chantal wrote: "Awesome review! It sounds a little intense for me right now however. I will put it on my maybe."

Thanks hun! Yeah, it is pretty intense. Save it for when you want your heart to be jerked around LOL

message 31: by warhawke (new)

warhawke Awesome review Natalie!

Natalie The Biblioholic warhawke wrote: "Awesome review Natalie!"

Thank you so much sweets! xo

Nicole Gallon Just listened to this book for the second time and I feel the same way. Great review!

Natalie The Biblioholic Nicole wrote: "Just listened to this book for the second time and I feel the same way. Great review!"

Thank you so much, Nicole! ❤️