Luke Burrage's Reviews > The Quantum Thief

The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi

bookshelves: recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners, plan-to-read-at-some-point, audio-book

Would have a better rating if the audiobook production had been good. As it is, I'd recommend this as an ebook or paperback.

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #196.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quantum Thief.

June 19, 2011 – Shelved
June 19, 2011 – Shelved as: recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners
June 19, 2011 – Shelved as: plan-to-read-at-some-point
June 16, 2013 – Started Reading
June 16, 2013 – Shelved as: audio-book
June 16, 2013 –
2.0% "This novel sounds pretty interesting. Unfortunately it sounds awful at the same time. This could be, though I'm not sure just yet, the worst audiobook narration I've heard."
June 20, 2013 –
10.0% "The narration picks up a bit, but the production is still terrible. I'm going to get through it though!"
June 23, 2013 –
25.0% "Picking up, but taking a break for two reading group novels before continuing."
July 2, 2013 –
50.0% "Hard going, but only because of the terrible audio production. The story is pretty intriguing though."
July 9, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Janne Järvinen Finland! ;)

message 2: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome I thought The Quantum Thief was neither here nor there, ha ha.

message 3: by Jenny (Reading Envy) (last edited Jul 10, 2013 03:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny (Reading Envy) I have the next book and I'm eager to read it! Do you think you will?

message 4: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy No, the Quantum Thief is both here _and_ there.

unknown FYI the us version has a different narrator and none of the problems you discuss. I really enjoyed it and will be getting the sequel soon.

Luke Burrage Maybe I'll try get the US version of the second book. I see no reason not to continue the series, only not to continue if the same producer made the next audiobook.

message 7: by Noel (new) - added it

Noel Romey I plan to get the series sometime. I don't think Scott Brick is the narrator god many think he is but he definitely would do better than your description of the version you listened to. Brick is just one of those narrators you want to read at 2x or more. He has a very slow measured delivery.