Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > And the Trees Crept In

And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich

bookshelves: own, young-adult, horror-etc

OMG! THIS BOOK!

I feel like I just got off the crazy train with this book. I feel like my brain could be related to this book. This book is utter madness and I loved it!

Silla steals away in the night with her little sister Nori. They are running from their father who abused them, not that way, like punching out teeth and stuff. Their mother had told them about their aunt Cathy that lived in a mansion in the woods. It was all good at first, but then . . .

I love how this book is written and the pages laid out. I will show a few at the end of the review.

The story is told in the now and back years ago when three sisters made a little no no in the woods

Anne. Youngest. Most precious.
Pamela. The middle sister. Wildest.
Catherine. Eldest. Most Sensible.

The Jewel.
The Adventurer.
The Protector.
Three little girls did a very bad thing.

The girls aunt Cath told them to never go into the Python Woods. There lives the Creeper Man!

A tree. It's a tree. I convince myself of this, almost fully. Until the thing steps forward, his head turning a fraction in my direction. I can almost hear the tiny creeeeeeeeeeak as his head rotates. It is a tall, long-limbed, bulbous-headed shadow.
I blink again.
Closer.
And again.
Closer.
Closer each time. Like the trees. Tall, thin. Eerily silent. Still and watchful. A man. Something like a man.
But he has no eyes.
I notice this right away. He has no face. Wait . . . is that. . . is that-
There's a mouth.
A long gash of a mouth, thin and smiling. A jagged line. Until it falls open, revealing teeth and an endless blackness.
Grinnnnnning.
And then it falls forward on all fours, long and thin and impossible, scuttling back into the woods, head cocked up to me, until he is nothing but a tree shadow and I don't know if I've seen it at all.
The Creeper Man.

I mean that right there should tell you how creepy this book is, although, when the girls first get there, everything is fine. They have a wonderful garden and time with their aunt. And then things just go south from there. I can't even people!

If you want a creepy book to read for Halloween or just to read then this is one of them!

AND THAT ENDING! WHAT THE FECK! IT BLEW MY MIND! MY ALREADY CRAZY MIND FROM READING THE BOOK IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Bloody Brilliant!

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And the Trees Crept In.

October 8, 2016 – Started Reading
October 8, 2016 – Shelved
October 8, 2016 – Shelved as: own
October 8, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
October 8, 2016 – Shelved as: horror-etc
October 9, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

Elle's Book Blog I ENJOYED THIS ONE TOO

Elle's Book Blog LOL I am not screaming at you. Forgot to turn the caps off :0)

Figgy Hmm, the layout in yours is quite a bit different from mine...

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦ wrote: "LOL I am not screaming at you. Forgot to turn the caps off :0)"

lol! I know how it goes :-D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Figgy wrote: "Hmm, the layout in yours is quite a bit different from mine..."

That's weird! What edition do you have? Mine is the hardback from Amazon. It's got all kinds of creepy written ways in it and then some normal

Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷ That cover though. So creepy ;) Lovely review, Melissa.

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo Amazing review, Melissa!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin LaylaNoir wrote: "That cover though. So creepy ;) Lovely review, Melissa."

It sure is and thank you Layla :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Joanita wrote: "Amazing review, Melissa!"

message 10: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Amazeballs review, Melissa. :) It's really apparent how you got so thrilled for this book!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Awwww, thank you, Pearl. Your so sweet :-)

message 12: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

message 14: by Aileene (new)

Aileene Glad is a winner read, Melissa. Awesome sauce review.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweetheart ♥

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I think you will like it! There are no spoilers in the review. I always say if there will be :-)

{ U n s o l v e d M y s t e r y } I love creepy trees. =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin These are certainly creepy. In a sense :-)

message 19: by Diane (new)

Diane Nice review, I just may go outside my genre free what you wrote, :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you. I hope you like it if you read it :-)

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda Ooooh! Love me some creepy, Melissa. You've convinced me. Great review!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you, Linda! I think you will like it :-)

message 23: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel I very much want to read this!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I think you will love it :-)

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Wonderfully creepy review Melissa! Hugs!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) Hugs ♥

message 27: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fantastic review Melissa! This book looks really good! :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much, Sandra :-). It's really good and creepy!

Susan O'connor I got it on audible so good got about 4 more chapters to go

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Awesome! I hope you love it :-)

Beth The Vampire I loved this one too!

James I am half way thru and want to throw it out the window but like the damn trees and creeper man, it is stuck in my head and won't unroot. If I didn't know better, I'd swear this was some sort of bad trip! I'll finish it because of a few good reviews but the crazy is gonna take me over, I know it.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Lol, you have no idea!

message 35: by Shaina (new) - added it

Shaina Ooh this sounds creepy.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin It was soooo good and creepy 😄👻🎃🍁

Latasha YES TO ALL OF THIS!!