Megsprincess87's Reviews > The Pilgrim's Progress

The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

Jun 18, 2011

This book was not something that I thought I could really connect with. However, I am not walking away having read this book in just two days, saying WOW!!! The content was something that really gave me something to think about, and chew on for a while. The imagery was just as powerful. The narrator, starts off introducing this story as a dream. Christian, the main character, sets off on a journey because he was urged to the leave the city of destruction by a guy named evangelist. He tries to get his family to go with him, but is unsuccessful. Along his journey, he nearly dies when he falls into a bog, but he is saved. He is pulled all throughout his journey by different characters, good ones, wanting him to do the right thing, trust in christ, and not forsake his faith. Then the bad ones, who tempt him to lead a life of happiness and success apart from religion. I wish we could read this book in my theology course!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pilgrim's Progress.