Alp's Reviews > Anything but Minor

Anything but Minor by Kate  Stewart

bookshelves: new-adult, contemporary-romance, sports-romance

"I think you’re incredible, Rafe Hembrey."

Sweet story. Lovely characters. Simple but enjoyable!

The book started off pretty well and I was hooked instantly. But around 40% of it, I felt like there still wasn’t much going on here. The story moved quite slowly, plus I didn't enjoy Alice's character as much as I did in the first few chapters. She got on my nerves most of the time. For me, embarrassing herself over and over again wasn't funny, not cute, and no, not sexy at all.

I have to admit, at first, I really thought that this book would end up being another one of my so-so reads, 3 stars was the most I could give it. But who would have thought that the remaining story would prove me wrong! Gosh, it was like reading another story—a complete different one! It really picked up and I couldn’t be more satisfied with Rafe and Alice’s relationship and also the direction of the plot toward the end.

Somehow, I started to warm up to Alice at somewhere around the middle of the third quarter of the book, and I grew to admire Rafe more and more with each passing page. I like his patience and his persistence. When he set his mind on Alice, he never once gave up on her. She seemed to keep him at arm’s length at all times, but that didn’t stop him from trying to win her heart. I loved that he never wavered in his feelings for her. Not one bit.

The last 20% wasn't what I expected, of course, in a good way. It literally touched my heart in a way that I didn’t even believe it myself.

Although this wasn't earth-shattering love story, it was certainly a heartwarming one that put a big smile on my face when I finished reading it.

If you're looking for a cute romance novel with some belly laughs, some emotional moments, and plenty of smoking hot sexy times, then pick up this one. It’s for you! Anything but Minor will definitely not let you down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anything but Minor.

October 7, 2016 – Started Reading
October 7, 2016 – Shelved
October 9, 2016 – Finished Reading
October 11, 2016 – Shelved as: new-adult
October 11, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
October 12, 2016 – Shelved as: sports-romance

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Ooh sounds fun, enjoy and have a fantastic weekend, darlin! xx

message 2: by Aileene (new)

Aileene Dayummmm.

message 3: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Karla wrote: "Ooh sounds fun, enjoy and have a fantastic weekend, darlin! xx"

It's ok so far. I'm enjoying it. Thanks and have a great weekend too, sweetie! :D

message 4: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Aileene wrote: "Dayummmm."

Yup!! Hehe ;)

message 5: by Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (last edited Oct 10, 2016 12:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews Hope you enjoy it :)

message 6: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Tink Magoo is bad at reviews wrote: "Hope you enjoy it :)"

I did. Thanks Tink. :)

message 7: by Jo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jo Great review, Alp! I'm glad the book made a turn for the best in the second half for you :-)

message 8: by Aileene (new)

Aileene I'm glad it had turned the corner and made you like it.. neat review, A.

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Fab review Alp :) x

Diana Fab review, hon!! This was a cute one. xx

message 11: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Joanita wrote: "Great review, Alp! I'm glad the book made a turn for the best in the second half for you :-)"

Thank you Jo. Luckily, I didn't give up on it! It was a lovely read, indeed! :D

message 12: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Aileene wrote: "I'm glad it had turned the corner and made you like it.. neat review, A."

Thanks dear A. I would have missed all those good things if I had decided to put it down. I'm glad I picked up this one! :)

message 13: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Alicia wrote: "Fab review Alp :) x"

Thank you kindly, Alicia. <3

message 14: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Diana wrote: "Fab review, hon!! This was a cute one. xx"

Thanks lovely. It was really cute! :)

Denisa Love the review, Alp! Glad you enjoyed this one :D

message 16: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Denisa wrote: "Love the review, Alp! Glad you enjoyed this one :D"

Thanks so much Denisa. :))

message 17: by Karla (new)

Karla Fabulous review, honey! Glad it made a good turn and didn't let you down! xx

message 18: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Awesome review sweetie :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Fab review, hon! xx

message 20: by Lakshmi (new)

Lakshmi C Great review, hon :)

message 21: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Karla wrote: "Fabulous review, honey! Glad it made a good turn and didn't let you down! xx"

Jessica's wrote: "Awesome review sweetie :)"

ANNA ☘ The Bibliomaniacal Abibliophobe ☘ wrote: "Fab review, hon! xx"

Lakshmi wrote: "Great review, hon :)"

Thanks so much ladies. You're the sweetest! <3

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen Terrific review Sweetie :) xx

message 23: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Karen wrote: "Terrific review Sweetie :) xx"

Thank you lovely. xx

Pamela I read this one because of your review and really enjoyed it - thanks for that :)

message 25: by Alp (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alp Pamela wrote: "I read this one because of your review and really enjoyed it - thanks for that :)"

I'm glad I could help, and that you enjoyed it, too. :D