Harry Whitewolf's Reviews > Bonespin Slipspace

Bonespin Slipspace by Leo X. Robertson

28206267

bookshelves: general-fiction

Having read all of Leo X Robertson’s other books, I couldn’t help but compare this one to his others, and I came to the conclusion that this isn’t my favourite of his works (that would still be Rude Vile Pigs), but it is most definitely his best work. Objectively speaking, this short novella is near perfection. Leo’s style of descriptive writing has been honed to its finest, the structure and first person narration of different characters has been meticulously worked out, and the story itself is just damn good – and whilst there are many references I could attach to this (It’s something like David Lynch, Dante, Andre Breton, Stephen King, Georges Bataille and the Marquis de Sade hanging out on acid in a forgotten corner of Videodrome cyberspace where the fairground has come to town), more than anything, it’s completely unique.

Bonespin Slipspace combines horror, sex, gore, magic, ritualism, metaphysics, surrealism and transcendence in a twisted and compelling novella that explores ideas of pushing boundaries, the human condition and the blur between good and evil. It packs a lot in for 70 pages, and it also has the perfect accompanying illustrations too. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonespin Slipspace.

October 6, 2016 – Started Reading
October 6, 2016 – Shelved
October 9, 2016 – Shelved as: general-fiction
October 9, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Rebecca Gransden I was so excited when I first read this through. Great ain't it!

Harry Whitewolf Rebecca wrote: "I was so excited when I first read this through. Great ain't it!"

Yep. It really is. :)