Melyna's Reviews > The Weight of It All

The Weight of It All by N.R. Walker

Jan 04, 2017

bookshelves: contemporary, m-m, recommended-by-janice-enabler-extr, defiinite-keeper
Recommended to Melyna by: Janice

I had this book in my tbr for a while and when the new year rolled around, I knew it was time.
I laughed so much. It is a feel good story about some of lifes struggles. Relationships, self esteem, self confidence, body image and coping mechanisms (I definitely related to the cheesecake). Henry is lacking in self esteem. He is very competent in his job and friendship with his best friend Anika and his assistant Melinda, but keeps his distance from others partly due to suggestions made by his boyfriend, Grah... - Voldemort. Then his boyfriend leaves him and in a rather cruel manner, but it is Henry's wakeup call.
It was painful yet entertaining watching Henry transform. There were times I wanted to thump Henry for his slow acceptance of the changes he had made and Reeds feelings for him, but I understood that fear. Reed is a beautiful character and the slow build up in their friendship and relationship is perfect.
I strongly suggest that you not eat or drink while reading this book. Unless you have someone on stand by in case you snort your coffee or inhale your cheesecake. Henry has a wicked sense of humor and my family side-eyed me many times when I burst out laughing while reading. I will never think of pasta the same way again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weight of It All.

October 6, 2016 – Shelved