Imjussayin's Reviews > Hallow Point

Hallow Point by Ari Marmell

bookshelves: mystery-classic, mystery-paranormal, urban-fantasy, series

Hallow Point: Mick Oberon Book Two
It is not necessary to read the books thus far in chronological order.

The Protagonist:Mick Oberon is not just another private eye, he is fae. He is a Seelie Court Prince and Es Sidhe. He is also a hard-boiled detective living in 1920's Chicago. He packs a wand. His magical powers are limited, but he knows how to use them.

The Plot: There has been a break-in at the Museum Of Natural History and the alarms did not trip. The Spear of Lugh, a powerful artefact, which makes the bearer invincible in battle is missing. The Seelie and Unseelie Courts and an agent of the infamous Wild Hunt; a mobster, are all hunting for the spear. Enter Mick Oberon.

This book is a great urban fantasy read. It's fast paced, imaginative, gritty and funny. We also have the makings of romance in this one! Arnel creates strong supporting characters who are fascinating and funny. I was pleased to have Lady Eudeagh reappear.

Books that allow the protagonist to be wrong have a special place because they enable the hero to be human, even when they are fae! More would be a spoiler.

The downside would be the use of the F word, but I guess it reflects a time and type.

I think this book has cross appeal. It is an intriguing mystery, a good urban fantasy with a hard-boiled detective. A captivating and stand out read.

Connect with me on Twitter
Follow my blog on Bloglovin’

Book Rating
Sexual Content: U
Language: 16
Violent: U
Would I read the next one or reread ?: Yes

My rating system (* = star)
0* Could not finish this book (waste of time)
1* Finished the book but didn't like it.
2* Finished the book it was okay.
3* A good read worth your time.
4* An excellent read often with a novel concept or unusual plot.
5* A magnificent read. A prominent example of the genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallow Point.

October 5, 2016 – Started Reading
October 5, 2016 – Shelved
October 8, 2016 –
100.0% "Review to follow"
October 9, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery-classic