Jess's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Jun 18, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, funny, need-to-re-read, shifter, shmexy, dragon

This book has quotes on its cover by Christine Feehan, JR Ward and Nalini Singh.

I thought to myself - can this book really be that good???

The simply answer is... yes.

The paranormal genre has grown so popular in the last few years that is hard to find something new. While I wouldnt say this story is completely unique I will say that the style/voice of the novel is refreshingly different.

The male lead is completely Alpha and unapologetically possessive. But he is also adorable when he gets confused by emotions (he isnt used to having any).

The female is strong without seeming fake. I love a heroine that kicks ass BUT so few authors write convincing strong warriors. What is so refreshing about this lead female is the fact that she will do anything to avoid conflict. ( this doesnt mean she cant fight, just that she doesnt enjoy it)

The banter between the two leads are witty, sometimes snarky but even more impressive - its realistic. I found myself smiling when Pia would chastise Dragos for being overbearing.

I started this book with high expectations but also a sense of doubt...could the author pull off an interesting new series??? The first 50 pages slowly draws you into the plot and makes you fall in love with the characters. By the end of it I was a firm fan :)

I cannot wait for book 2 :)

RE-READ DECEMBER 2011 - Loved it even more this time :D
RE-READ MARCH 2012 - its only three months since I last reread this one. I picked it up to put it back on the bookcase and though, hey I will just flick through this - what a joke, I got suckered lol.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

June 18, 2011 – Started Reading
December 4, 2011 – Shelved as: shmexy
March 2, 2012 –
page 189

message 1: by V (new)

V Fantastic review, I don't read girl bits anymore, but if I did ,this book would be a must for me. I'm too busy with my M/M guys, have more than 2000 books waiting for me. No time for girls heroines:)

Jess I have two different loves m/m genre (obviously) but I find that I need to break up the m/m action with full length novels.

I started out loving Paranormal Romances but I would have to say that I equally love Urban Fantasies now. The story has to have a strong partnership.

Usually a feisty, strong heroine and a possessive alpha male. It doesnt have to be that combination but I admit that I need a feeling of equality between the two main characters. I love it when they are as strong as each other or compliment each others powers etc

I can REALLY recommend this series :)
I would also recommend
Ilona Andrews -Kate Daniels series
or
Nalini Singh - Guildhunter series
both are urban fantasy series