Glendalee's Reviews > Undiscovered Gyrl

Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett

Jun 17, 2011

liked it

What can I say? I'm a sucker for these type of novels that are written in diary form. I think its because I'm such a nosy person. This book story line was interesting. An 18 year old trying to sleep with an man twice her age is always great lol. I love reading a book where the main character is just a pompous shallow bitch and that was who 18 year old Katie was, and though usually i hate people like that I had to feel for Katie because she was not all there. Though overall the novel wasn't a disappointment the ending sure was because it was just like Go Ask Alice.Burnett should have been more original because that story line where a girl pours her heart out in a blog/diary type way and then dies in the end has already been done...numerous times. And though Burnett tries to end the book on a cliffhanger leaving it to the readers to decide if Katie was really dead, we still get the sense that she has died because shes been missing for a while, we just don't know why she went missing, did she kill herself? was she murdered?. I think if the ending had been different I would have given this book five stars because it was a great story line and the character though a bitch was hilarious, just wish it could have been a non typical ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undiscovered Gyrl.