KFForever's Reviews > Love a Boss

Love a Boss by Logan Chance

kfforever.com

Reviewed by Donna on behalf of KFF

This is the conclusion to Like A Boss where we were left on an almighty cliffhanger. I was so intrigued to discover where the story would take me after being drawn to the characters, Penny and Theo. Penny is now the boss of Lopa and engaged to Theo’s brother, Dex, who happens to not be a nice guy at all. I was surprised she agreed to marry him after the connection she’d shared with Theo. Nevertheless, I had to tell myself there was more to it than meets the eye. I felt Theo’s devastation. I really thought he had something special with Penny and being linked with his half-brother was a double blow for me.

The tables have turned in this offering. Theo was the sole owner and Penny the employee. This is a bitter pill for him to swallow having signed away part of the business. He reluctantly works in the bar, but with his feeling towards Penny, a mix of love and anger finds it increasingly difficult to see her every day. There is a very funny scene where Theo and Penny interview a new bartender and their inner thoughts had me smiling as I read on. Penny is in in her own torment, too. Her feelings for Theo are strong, and I could clearly see she was holding something back from him. She has her reasons for making sacrifices though.

Love a Boss is a mix of humour, angst and some very steamy scenes. Theo is a filthy mouthed hot alpha and if you loved him in Like A Boss, you’ll love him even more in Love A Boss. In this follow-up, I saw a very sensitive side to him. By now I knew how Theo loves making lists of things, and by him continuing to do so got a lot of laughs out of me. However, his pain over the circumstances with Penny is so palpable that I couldn’t help but sympathise with this lovable character. Penny is as always full of sass, gutsy and as usual, the scenes between the main protagonists are entertaining. Saying that, I really felt for her. There was something behind her decisions causing a lot of anxiety, but she hid it well. I was desperate to find out exactly what was making her behave in the way she was since she had a deep affection for Theo.

Yet again I became totally invested in the protagonists’ story and was willing for everything to be made right in the end. I was constantly thinking about Penny telling Theo what exactly was going on and for them to reveal how they truly felt about each other. Told from a dual point of view is always a favourite of mine. By using this technique, the author gave me an insight into both characters’ feelings.

Logan has a natural writing flair for light and sexy reads, and touches of angst in just the right places made for an unputdownable book. I loved the epilogue and certainly recommend one-clicking if you like this kind of genre. When an author captivates me from word go and has me anticipating what’s coming next, five stars are more than worthy. I still can’t stop thinking about how much I liked the fun-loving characters, Penny and Theo!

“We have a strict no fraternisation policy at the Lopa." "And Theo here is spoken for already.”
"No, I'm not." "Penny is though. To my brother.”

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love a Boss.

Finished Reading