Corina's Reviews > It Ends with Us

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

bookshelves: reviewed

Wow, what a book!!!

I usually stay far away from this author's books. Not that her books aren't excellently written, it's more about keeping my sanity and my heart in one piece.

If I had known how I felt after reading this book, I might have never picked it up in the first place because this book messed with my head and heart.

I hate that the author made me care about all the characters, including one specific one, and then just pulled the plug. It was like getting the rug pulled out from underneath me. My head and heart had a hard time catching up with everything that was going on.

I was this close to throwing my kindle out the window. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Everything I thought about this story was suddenly turned upside down.

But after some time, and when I was thinking rationally again, I realized how much skill went into this book. It Ends With Us was one of the best example of what a master storyteller can do with a great plot. I was floored by how brilliant it all was.

I can honestly say that this book will stay with me for a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Ends with Us.

October 4, 2016 – Started Reading
October 4, 2016 – Shelved
October 4, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% "I don't usually like her writing, but this is WOW"
October 6, 2016 – Finished Reading
October 31, 2016 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

JewelsyGoolsy Yay!! So glad you loved it! I also had the same wishes for L&A too :) Great review xx

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann Corina - 2 Thumbs up on your review. =) I also try to avoid this author, I've read a few of her bks and I understand the urge to throw your kindle, and the angst just wears me out. All the raves for this one has me inching out of my comfort zone curious about reading it.

Corina JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Yay!! So glad you loved it! I also had the same wishes for L&A too :) Great review xx"

Thank you :-) What a twist!!

Corina Ann wrote: "Corina - 2 Thumbs up on your review. =) I also try to avoid this author, I've read a few of her bks and I understand the urge to throw your kindle, and the angst just wears me out. All the raves fo..."

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like that. And I'm not even sure how I could recommend this book. What should I say?? Be aware!! Damn, maybe put a warning sign on it???

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann Corina wrote: "Ann wrote: "Corina - 2 Thumbs up on your review. =) I also try to avoid this author, I've read a few of her bks and I understand the urge to throw your kindle, and the angst just wears me out. All ..."

Corina - Ha! A warning would be a good idea. =)

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela This is why her books are so hard for me to read!

Berry ♡ Nice Great review!!!! This is my favorite by her. It's so real ♡