Tracy's Reviews > Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life

Pathway to Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton

Mar 14, 2008

Pathway to Purpose for Women (Katie Brazelton) is not a book to sit down and read all in one session, but rather one to read over the course of several days or weeks, taking time to reflect on each chapter. That's just the nature of growth in general, including spiritual growth--it takes time and energy to grow a seedling into a strong tree.

A friend of mine asked if I could find a book for her to read, to help her discover her purpose in life while learning more about the Christian walk. I chose Pathway to Purpose for Women, because it gives biblically sound and practical step-by-step guidance to discovering one's life purpose, providing encouragement and wisdom along the way. It seemed a perfect book, as we had just taken a trip together where we did some hiking and soul-searching. I ended up getting two copies so we could read it together.

I thought Pathway to Purpose would be great for my friend, and I was reading it mainly to encourage her, and to be able to discuss it with her. However, I ended up getting just as much out of it as she did, if not more. I have a tendency to want to be on the mountaintop, without doing the hard work of getting there; but this book taught me to slow down and focus on each individual step. Then, as I'm faithfully following God's will in the small things, he will lead me to a greater purpose when the time is right. It's certainly not always easy, which Brazelton makes sure to point out, but it is always worth it. Every journey begins with a single step, and this book is a good starting point for any woman who is searching for something more to life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pathway to Purpose for Women.