Diana~'s Reviews > Mate Set

Jun 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-reads, erotica-romance, paranormal-romance
Read in June, 2011

For my second book by Laurann Dohner, this was actually a pretty good erotica that piqued my interest. The hero's a douche bag though, so. At times, I wanted to hit him with a sack of potatoes in the head or something because he was so damn insensitive when it comes to Mika's feelings. Sure, we get the fact that he didn't want to hurt her physically but he never once thought that he might possibly be damaging her more inside. I'm talking emotions here. Mika has always been attracted to Grady and when he accidentally marks her, this obviously leads to trouble. They end up having some pretty hot sex... and soon Mika realizes that she's falling in love with him.

The interesting part about this whole shenanigan is that the hero has a thing against mating with humans and Mika happens to fall upon that category. He wants to mate with a pureblood werewolf so that he will finally be accepted into the pack. Well, something along those lines. Apparently, Grady's childhood wasn't full of rainbows because I do believe his stepmother abused him? Hey, Mika wasn't a kick ass heroine either. She had some pretty TSTL moments that made me scoff and want to smack her as well. I hated how she always judged the hero, Grady before knowing the whole situation. Blegh. But yeah, the beginning was pretty good, the sex was hot, but the story as a whole? Uh, not so much. They had some pretty stupid conflicts to be quite honest. 3/5 stars~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mate Set.