Sherry Fundin's Reviews > Big Shoes

Big Shoes by Jack Getze

9198006

bookshelves: fiction, mystery, read-in-2015, suspense, thriller, humor

I have been with Jack Getze’s Austin Carr since the beginning and if you are a fan of The Rockford Files, this stand alone series is a must read. Big Shoes is the latest edition to this rollicking good fun reading and I am very excited to share it with you.

In Big Shoes, Austin Carr is back from a ‘suggested’ vacation and I can’t help but wonder what is in store for him. I know there will never be a dull moment.

Austin Carr always seems to be dodging bullets and being drawn into dangerous situations through his relationships with the quirky, off the wall characters that come into and out of his life.

His biggest downfall is the dame and when she walks into the room, his common sense goes out the window. There is always one involved and he cannot say no to her. He is quick with words and it seems like every time he opens his mouth, he’s getting himself in deeper, pissing off those who would rather punch him than talk to him.

I love the pistol packing, Mama Bones. If organized crime were a comedy, Austin Carr and Mama Bones would be the stars. She carries a ‘bag of tricks’ and ya never know what she will pull from it.

Jack Getze’s marvelous characters and writing keep me cracking up as I weave through the mysteries. His pin-up girl would be Lucille Ball, so that gives you a hint of Jack Getze’s writing style.

If you are looking for a dark comedy mystery noir, Big Shoes and the Austin Carr series fits the bill to a T! The who, what, when, where, and why aren’t as important to me as the hilarious journey to the answers. Ya never know when the bullets will start flying, so be alert and DUCK!

I received a free copy of Big Shoes from Jack Getze.

To read more visit fundinmental

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Shoes.

Started Reading