Jennifer's Reviews > Midnight Rescue

Midnight Rescue by Elle Kennedy

bookshelves: adult-content, contemporary-romantic-suspense, listened-to-audiobook, read-2016, elle-belle

★★★½
Midnight Rescue was an emotional, sexy, and action-filled romantic suspense novel. It features two couples, one more primary than the other, but I felt thoroughly engaged/invested in both. I am really enjoying this author because she doesn't just write sex without story. In this book, although there are moments of heavy romance, the story is the focal point and I liked it that way. Actually, I wished there was even less romance but that's not necessarily a criticism. Themes of substance include recovering from sexual abuse, the human trafficking trade, and the wonderful ability that women possess to be completely badass. I always love books about women who can kill with the best of them ;)

My favorite quote:
"If there's one thing I've learned in my life, it's that shitty things happen. You can't always stop them. They just happen. And yeah, you can let them destroy you, but what's the point? Might as well learn to deal with all those shitty things and move on."

Elle Kennedy's Killer Instincts series includes the following installments as of October 2016:
#1-Midnight Rescue
#5-Midnight Action
#6-Midnight Captive
#7-Midnight Revenge
#8-Midnight Target
Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4) by Elle Kennedy After Midnight (Killer Instincts, #4.5) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7) by Elle Kennedy Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8) by Elle Kennedy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Rescue.

October 3, 2016 – Started Reading
October 3, 2016 – Shelved
October 5, 2016 – Shelved as: adult-content
October 5, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romantic-suspense
October 5, 2016 – Shelved as: listened-to-audiobook
October 5, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
October 5, 2016 – Finished Reading
February 9, 2017 – Shelved as: elle-belle

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review hun :)

Jennifer Jessica's wrote: "Great review hun :)"

Thank you Jessica!!

message 3: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Going to check out this series. Glad you're enjoying it, Jennifer. xoxo

Jennifer Tricia wrote: "Going to check out this series. Glad you're enjoying it, Jennifer. xoxo"

Thanks! It's awesome. Hope you enjoy!