Carrie's Reviews > The Geography of You and Me

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

liked it

Lucy and Owen live in the same apartment building in New York but had never actually met one another until one day they end up in the same elevator when the power goes out. Stuck together the two make conversation and find they like one another. After getting out of the elevator Lucy and Owen spend an amazing night together while waiting out the blackout.

Unfortunately for this pair other circumstances end up splitting them apart as each of their families make plans to leave New York. Getting in touch for a while but each try to jump into their new lives in new cities which leads to a bit of awkwardness between the pair but neither can forget about that one special night they spent together.

I've read a few books by Jennifer E. Smith now and I hate to say this one was my least favorite of the bunch. It's not that the writing was terrible or even the story in particularly but I just never felt that this couple was given enough time together to even be called a couple.

Both young teens in the story it seemed more realistic to me that at least one of them would have just moved on when leaving New York. But even when those chances came about I'm led to believe they have this amazing connection to prevent other relationships I suppose and the pair hadn't even been making use of today's technology and emailing or video chatting or any other means of getting closer.

Overall, 2.5 stars, not really a fan of this one perhaps if events had been a tad differently I would have loved this teen romance but instead felt it lacked the romance.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Geography of You and Me.

October 3, 2016 – Started Reading
October 3, 2016 – Shelved
October 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

rachel I felt exactly the same way! It wasn't a 'bad' book but we were just not given the time we needed to get invested in the character's realtionship.

Carrie Exactly! And then (view spoiler)

rachel You've nailed it! I completely agree. It made everything feels so pointless... for starting on such a strong note, the ending ruined it. I definitely didn't love this one as much as her other books. Did you see she has a new book coming out next year!?

Carrie No, I hadn't, I'll have to watch for it since I did like the others. :)

rachel It sounds really interesting! The cover doesn't match the rest of her books though so I'm a little pissed, haha.