Melissa (YA Book Shelf)'s Reviews > Black Bird of the Gallows

Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel

Beautifully written, Black Bird of the Gallows is a love story filled with curses and people who have seen far to much in their lives that you won't be able to put down. Meg Kassel develops a unique mythology with harbingers of death, beekeepers, and other ancient brings that are mysterious and infinitely more terrifying...maybe because we know so little about them. (Perhaps in another book?!?) I can't wait for the ebook novella, Cleaner of Bones, and the companion, The Beekeeper. Highly recommended for fans of Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff, and readers / critics of the female gothic tradition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Bird of the Gallows.

October 3, 2016 – Shelved
October 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 14, 2017 – Started Reading
June 15, 2017 –
page 100
32.36% "This is definitely my kind of book, and if you like Rochester, then Reece will definitely be your kind of deep and brooding Gothic hero. If it wasn't super late and I wasn't super exhausted, I'd keep reading."
June 15, 2017 –
page 162
52.43% "Beautiful writing with a well developed, unique, and interesting mythology. This is seriously impossible to put down and a good book to break a reading slump."
June 16, 2017 – Finished Reading