Aleeeeeza's Reviews > Rot & Ruin

Jun 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-read, zombies-nom-nom
Read from July 03 to 08, 2011

I actually wrote a full review of the book, but then I just decided to not post it.

Because I am weird (i.e.: indecisive) like that.

Regardless, here are a couple of quotes from the book I LOVED and that really made me think (sorry the formatting's a bit off):

‘“Hell, boy, I ain’t evil. I’m just the guy that’s in power. I’m a conqueror, like all them great kings and generals in history. You want to call me evil because of Gameland? You think that’s the height of evil? Boy, there are people who conquered half the world, slaughtered whole populations, wiped cultures off the face of the planet, and you know what history calls them? Heroes! Kings, presidents, champions, explorers. You think America was settled by white men because the Indians invited us here? No, we took this land because we were stronger, and that’s how every page of human history is written. It’s just our nature. We’re a predator species, top of the food chain. Survival of the fittest is written in our blood, it’s stenciled on every gene of our DNA. The strong take and the strong make, and the weak are there only to help them do it. End of story.”’

‘There are moments that define a person’s whole life. Moments in which everything they are and everything they may possibly become balance on a single decision. Life and death, hope and despair, victory and failure teeter precariously on the decision made at that moment. These are moments ungoverned by happenstance, untroubled by luck. These are the moments in which a person earns the right to live, or not…’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rot & Ruin.

07/05/2011 page 130
28.0% "wow, this one is pretty good! but it's LONG!" 2 comments

message 1: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca A. Rogers I've heard awesome things about this. I'll definitely have to check it out. :D

Aleeeeeza Rebecca wrote: "I've heard awesome things about this. I'll definitely have to check it out. :D"

you should, rebecca. it really got me thinking. the sequel's even better! :)