JustJay's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Karen Robards

it was ok

This was an incredibly hard book to read through for various reasons.
1) This is the main reason, which I think heavily influenced my feelings for this book. I read thrillers once in a while, but I enjoy the ones that are focused on families and psychological ones. This has a lot of FBI agent, top secret mission blah blah blah that I could barely focus on. Couldn't stand it.
2) I didn't care for any of the characters. Not a single one.
3) Tyler would have been a more effective character if he was older. Four years old? Not really believable.
4) The romance angle was the only reason why I picked up the book. There should be a balance with the romance and the whole mission aspect. And I never felt a connection between Danny and Sam. The author wrote about their feelings for each other and their physical need for one another, but I never felt the emotion behind it.
5) Unnecessary descriptions inserted at inappropriate times. It slowed down the pace of the book, which was a general feeling I had throughout the whole thing. It felt slow, and the pace definitely doesn't reflect the subject material. I didn't feel any sense of urgency or danger. It was all just meh.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

October 2, 2016 – Started Reading