Gigi staub's Reviews > The Hunt

The Hunt by Harper A. Brooks

4202515
Oct 24, 2016

bookshelves: arc, arc-entangled, arc-netgalley

Prince Kael has just lost his father to an assassin, and he’s the next target. A murderer is on the loose, the kingdom is in disarray, and Kael is determined to make the person responsible for killing his father pay. But falling for the beautiful Cara, panther-shifter and main suspect in his father’s murder, wasn’t part of the plan. He’s not at all sure she did it, and he finds himself going against everything he’s ever known just to claim her.

The ceremonial Hunt is approaching, and mates must be chosen to run together. The hatred between the tiger and panther species is all they know. If Kael and Cara follow their hearts, it could mean treason and death.

Review:

This is a brand new shifter series that has lots of promise.

The mythos behind how the shifters were created in the prologue was unique and interesting. Once we get into the meat of the story, I liked the girl from the wrong side of the forest and the prince from the right side vibe to the book. Being ostracized is nothing new to most people, but for me it added a depth to the story and a great tension for the plot. There was drama, mystery, romance and sexiness woven into this story. I was so drawn into this world that I could not put it down until I finished it. I am curious to see where this series leads. To me there were no obvious couples to come next from the story or if it is going to be a continuation of this couple.

This new-to-me Author had me drawn in from the start.

4Stars

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt.

October 1, 2016 – Shelved
October 1, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 1, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
October 1, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-entangled
October 1, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-netgalley
Started Reading
October 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Harper Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed it!