Dinjolina's Reviews > Hades

Hades by Alexandra Adornetto
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4438768
's review
Jun 16, 2011

bookshelves: avoid, stress-inducer, stupid-plot-development

*Goes around whistling*


Wait!
What?

HADES?????!!!!
Do you know what Hades is?

Let me wikipedia you:

Hades (English pronunciation: /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης}, Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen"[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld.

So.What does it have to do with Christianity?
The previous book was an insult to believers all over the world for sure, because we read about sissy lame angels that had no point.
But now....Hades?
Really?
Dear Author...what were you thinking?

EDIT:
So I said Christian believers could be horrified by this whole mess. But I was not being church orientated or anything. My point was something else so I will re-phrase The book is an insult to people that like angels. Because her angels are these spineless creatures that i want to pluck like mindless chickens that they are.
41 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hades.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

June 16, 2011 – Shelved
June 16, 2011 – Shelved as: stress-inducer
June 16, 2011 – Shelved as: stupid-plot-development
August 29, 2016 – Shelved as: avoid

Comments (showing 1-50 of 52) (52 new)


message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane LOL- kick ass cover though!


message 2: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Rene, do not let the covers fool you.
The cover was the reason I got the first book.
Same goes for Fallen and/or The Hush hush series. I am just so lame...I always fall for the shiny ones.


message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa You read a YA book about angels as a "believer"? If so, you kinda had it coming.

YA authors strive to entertain, not to enlighten. :/

Personally, I'm not a believer and I enjoyed the first book.

If you want something to "stay true" and keep in line with Christianity - read the bible. Sorry.


message 4: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Nah, i am an atheist. Plus,kind of mixed heritage here, with Christian/Muslim parents so I am very flexi in this area...but look..there are nice angel fantasy books.And there are wrong fantasy books. I once read a book about two gay angels that get it on with a vampire...So,ok.What ever,right?Lets just call it too much. But look at the YA book goddess test...the author mixes Greek and Christian legends and it just would not do. Why? You can not implement the Christian policy of deadly sins when Zeus goes around having sex with siblings in the form of an animal. You just can not! But the point here being...Hades is not Hell. Hades was for all departed souls. Hell is for sinners. Had is so not Lucifer. I cant even begin to state why not...so yeah, this whole thing is a slap in the face to people that think God is real, but then Greek goddesses start popping up.And is shows that the author could not google. And about the title...yes I know people that had an arc. The author uses Hades as Hell.


message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa So because it mixes Christianity and Greek mythology, it's an issue?

:/

Isn't that life in America basically?

I guess I just don't understand where you're coming from. It's YA fiction, so what if some of it does not make since? In theory, vampires, demons, yadda yadda yadda shouldn't exist either - but they do in books. That doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

That's just my spill on things.


message 6: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Wait.
Don't you want things to be logical?
As I said,did you read the Godess test? That is the best example.
In that YA book the author does the mix also.
I do not have the problem with mixes. Look at the Lord of the Underworld series. Angels,harpies,Lucifer,Titans...all rolled in to one. It can be done. You can take any damn thing in this world that you want and use it if it is going to sound plausible.
But in The Goddess test the author talks about the MORAL of Greek gods. Not gonna happen. They had none. And for sure they did not make tests based on 7 deadly sins.
And look at it here. The author throws stuff around like crazy...angels,oluja bords,Had,and what not.Also her angels just plain suck. If this is how angels are then wow,are we in trouble!


message 7: by Mara (new)

Mara Serpent wrote: "So because it mixes Christianity and Greek mythology, it's an issue?

:/

Isn't that life in America basically?

I guess I just don't understand where you're coming from. "


My view is that Christians and the Greek mythology do not mix, or at least do not mix well.

Think about it, what are major Christian tenets? How does any of that relate to the myths these writers use (here I am mostly thinking of that other book, Goddess Test, since I haven't read this one)?

Greek deities were many things: vain (Aphrodite, and basically most other gods and goddesses - why else would there be a Trojan war, among other things), rapey (Zeus, and some others, again), jealous, petty, cruel, vindictive, proud, assholes, etc. To me, they always seemed just like humans, only with superpowers and an ego to match. Basically, good story fodder.

But then you add this idea of celestial angelic beings that have wings and halos, or you use the 7 deadly sins, or you turn Hades into Hell (which it is not! Ask Wikipedia...), make it all more or less PG-13, and just stir the mixture in the kitchen sink a little.

Yum!*

Also, I hate it when people try to defend illogical stuff and errors on the writer's part with: "It's just fiction/YA fiction/a romance novel/whatever." Give the genre some credit. Please excuse my pretentiousness, but just because it's for teens, doesn't mean it should be excused from making sense.

Heh, I sound like a rant-y asshole. :)

*I don't hate kitchen sink-world-building on principle, I just don't like to see it abused so.


message 8: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Defending it? There's nothing to defend it from. I have read YA fiction books that quite frankly have sucked.

And I also feel the need to state that I only read the first and last part of your reply. Sorry. I'm not looking to get into a religious debate with anyone. It's not worth the time and effort. My beliefs (or lack there of) won't change yours and vice versa.

My only thing was ok, you don't like the mixture, cool - whatever. Totally your opinion.

Fact is - Greek mythology is just that, mythology.

And yes, for crying out loud, I KNOW Hades is not Hell - trust me, I know enough about Greek mythology to know that.

But - just because there is a Hades, doesn't mean there isn't a hell, just like it doesn't mean there isn't a Heaven. (To be honest, I find all of it a load of crock)

Yes, YA fiction has had some wonderful books and contributed quite a bit. BUT, it is just fiction, YA or otherwise.

To have such high expectations is just asking for disappointment.

As for the cruddy angels and us being trouble? Do Atheist even have an angel belief system? Pardon my ignorance - just wondering!


Miss Me. Um, I think you guys need to know that opinions are like assholes-- everyone's got one.

There are two things that no one will agree upon: Politics and Religion. And people wonder why we can't live in peace. Just saying...

Carry on...


message 10: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina @Mandi-you are so right! :)
@Serpent-what buggs me is the fact that you seem to think that this is a religious debate. It's not. It's a debate about logic. Or if something is plain stupid. Let me say it like this: if your character has a physical illness but you mixed it with magic and herb cures you have to make it work. Fit in the peaces.
In this YA book/series it seems the author takes a silly wone dimensional teen and draws wing on her. Because of her 'young' age she can get away with anything. This goes for other characters. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...no wait. She doesn't..


message 11: by Jess (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jess actually, hades is a term used in christianity and several other religions as well. it's not just a greek thing.


message 12: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina It is used as a state of death. Not as a substitute for Hell, like the author wanted.
I do not want to be rude, but do your research.


message 13: by Teresa (new)

Teresa I don't know...some people might consider death as hell. ;)


message 14: by Jess (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jess Dinjolina wrote: "It is used as a state of death. Not as a substitute for Hell, like the author wanted.
I do not want to be rude, but do your research."


I did, actually, not to be rude. Christians (and Jews) use it as "a place where the dead go temporarily" like purgatory, and, even though bethany is not dead in this story, she'll probably only be in Hell temporarily. Also, I'm not entirely sure that you are the author, so you wouldn't know what she means by the title. She studies theology. I'm sure she knows what she's talking about and you ought to read a book before you can start judging it by silly things like the title. If you don't want to read it because you didn't like Halo, please don't bring up insignificant things to try to "validate" your argument.


message 15: by Rhyme (new) - rated it 1 star

Rhyme writing about religion in paranormal books everywhere is extremeley tricky to do. No average person has full understanding of god, his power and his 'heavenly host'. When you deal with things like that it gets hard to meet everyones beliefs and standards. And I'm pretty sure that the title is Hades because she's going for the three H's things, and it might have been too elicit to title the book Hell. So what? It sounds better anyway.


Ricky Le There are many meanings of the word 'Hades' in Christian theology. In the old testament it is the translation of the word 'Sheol' in Hebrew, meaning the abode of the dead or the place of the wicked soul. In the New Testament, there is a variety of translations for 'Hades'. I know that when you ask a Catholic what Hades is, he would most likely say Limbo or Purgatory since Hades is sometimes translated from the Latin word 'purgatorium', meaning purgatory. It doesn't actually describe hell of sorts. Personally, I think the author made a bad choice with the title. If I were her, I would have titled it 'Inferno', or something.


message 17: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Inferno sounds very well.
Plus,let us be frank..almost nobody would think of Purgatory when he sees the word Hades. And why not use Hell then? Not inventive, sure...but its about quality right? Eh...


message 18: by Haley (new)

Haley I think she was going for a title that was opposite Halo. She's not going to name her book Hell. So yeah, she mixed christianity and Greek mythology, so what?


Morgan It's fiction, she can name earth Ardonettetropolis if she wanted to.


message 20: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Morgan wrote: "It's fiction, she can name earth Ardonettetropolis if she wanted to."

How dumb are you?

This book is based off of earth and borrows heavily from Christian mythology. Logic says she actually sticks to her sources. Not once is anything Greek even acknowledged other than Hades, which she plainly tried to substitute for Hell. That's like me writing a book based off of the Hindu religion and then throwing Heaven and Angels in there, although there is obviously something the Hindu's have in place of their Heaven and their Angels. But because Heaven sounds nicer than the words they use, I'm just gonna go with Heaven and call the angel-like creatures Angels, right? No.

Just because something is fiction doesn't mean it can make no sense. If she named earth Ardonettetropolis, I'd expect a reason as to why it is. Did you know that the word "earth" has actual significance, hence why we call it that? Do you know that the words "terra" and "ground" mean something, and that "Adornetto" (spell her name right, at least), and "tropolis" actually mean something as well? Hence why there are such things as "languages" and why you just don't speak random words all the time.


message 21: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Beth wrote: "I think she was going for a title that was opposite Halo. She's not going to name her book Hell. So yeah, she mixed christianity and Greek mythology, so what?"

Um...how is "Hades" the opposite of "Halo"? En cas3 u ddn't kno, the closest opposite of Halo would be "Horns", as that's generally what is depicted as demons having in place of a halo in the media and religious art. Mixing Christianity and Greek mythology is fine -- but that's not what she did. She took the name from the Greek version of the afterlife (that's right, NOT THE GREEK VERSION OF HELL, THE GREEK VERSION OF THE AFTERLIFE, there is a difference), used that in place of the Hell from Christian mythology because she didn't have the ovaries to actually call her Hell "Hell" and promptly ignored the rest of the Greek mythology. That's not mixing mythology. That's stupidity and laziness. Thank you, and good day.


message 22: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Did you know that in all actuallity all words are made up words?

Therefore; she can actually name any book SHE writes whatever the "hades" she wants <---hope that doesn't get under your skin too much ;)

Fiction is fiction. You don't have to like it. You don't have to like the mixture she uses and/or her reasoning or lack thereof. It's just not that important.

The issue with the original review is that the book wasn't even read by the reviewer - now that is stupidity. That's like me looking at the cover of "The Help" and judging it. Doesn't quite work, does it?

I really hate redundancy - pretty sure all the people who have commented on this know the difference between Hades and Hell; issue is, we just really couldn't care less.

So save your time and everyone else's by not repeatedly stating said difference. It's annoying and just makes you look like you have no other argument to give.

As for the language thing - how much of that did you have to look up on the spot? ha.

It's a book. If you don't like it, don't like it. Don't make the rest of us suffer by making us think what you have to say is valid (and hasn't been said before) and disappointing us when you sound like others who have commented on this, mmk? K!

Good evening, my dear, may you find the stick up your a** and promptly remove it.

^^That's due to the fact that you called a fellow "goodreader" stupid. I think you're stupid. <---Doesn't mean much, does it? So why would your's mean anything?

Not only are you annoying, you're also insignificant.


message 23: by P. (last edited Sep 13, 2011 11:13AM) (new)

P. Mandi wrote: "Dear Mello,

CASE AND POINT:
"En cas3 u ddn't kno," -Mello

"I. Is. Sorry. Mandi. Done. Don't. Speak. STOO-pid." -Mandi"


I have no business butting in here, but I couldn't ignore that bit.

If you look at Mello's other comments, you'll notice there's nothing wrong with them. Which means the troll speak, or STOO-pid speak as you call it, is there on purpose.

Sorry for disrupting the quiet game of shutting up and never commenting again. Since I wasn't in the debate from the start, I hope it doesn't count.

*slips out silently*


message 24: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Since Paige pwned you, I'll just say that with the in case u cldn't t3ll I was joking. Yes, Palice you are correct. At least someone gets it. I've been out for a while and will rip apart your posts in a quick sec :D


message 25: by John (last edited Sep 13, 2011 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Did you know that in all actuallity all words are made up words?

I repeat, how dumb are you? Of course all words were made up by some person at some point. But there is a difference between making up a language and making up random words. If that was the case, chatspeak would be a language, right? But it isn't. Did you know that the language you're speaking right now is based off of dozens of actual real languages, such as Latin, Old English, French, and quite a few others? Or do you really think creating a language is just as simple as ""oahs fhaish iashf" means hi"?

Therefore; she can actually name any book SHE writes whatever the "hades" she wants <---hope that doesn't get under your skin too much ;) Fiction is fiction. You don't have to like it. You don't have to like the mixture she uses and/or her reasoning or lack thereof. It's just not that important.

Of course she can write whatever she wants. Of course I don't have to like it. In fact, I don't. Just because I don't like it does that mean I can't speak on it? Just because she can write what she wants, does that mean she can't be called out for her stupidity and holes in logic? No, it doesn't, and if you think otherwise you are an idiot. En cs3 u ddn't kno, it's not that important whether or not you think I like what she writes. Do you really think I give a fuck about what you think about what I think? Are you really that delusional?

The issue with the original review is that the book wasn't even read by the reviewer - now that is stupidity. That's like me looking at the cover of "The Help" and judging it. Doesn't quite work, does it?

You...I...GAH! Let me explain it to you, slowly:

Dina can write whatever she wants without idiots like you and that other one trying to police her. Do you geddit now? Eh? So what if she didn't read the book? She read the syopsis, she probably read other reviews and she knows what she's talking about. She's not even talking about the contents of the book. She's talking about the idiocy of the name, which is very relevant. So speaking your mind on a subject is stupidity? I'll tell you what's stupidity: coming into another person's space and telling them what they can and cannot write. That's not just stupidity, that's disgusting. Do you want to be disgusting?

I really hate redundancy - pretty sure all the people who have commented on this know the difference between Hades and Hell; issue is, we just really couldn't care less.

Really? If you know the difference then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought, eating this rather literal shit up with knowing how she failed. You're willing to give excuses for the failure, willing to cushion it, gloss it over and yet you know what the failure is and why? Oh god. That's just sad. If you couldn't care less, why did your stupid ass comment? Nobody asked you to. Nobody really wants you to, either, if you're going to be such a dumbass. Why would Dina want idiots commenting on her review?

So save your time and everyone else's by not repeatedly stating said difference. It's annoying and just makes you look like you have no other argument to give.

Ah ha ha, you know what I think? I think you're scared that if someone points out the fail of Halo other fans like you will grow a brain and realize that it's a shit book. When you start telling someone what they can and cannot write, that shows that you have no other argument. Nice try.

As for the language thing - how much of that did you have to look up on the spot? ha.

Actually, none. Unlike you I went to elementary school, and here's the thing: I passed. It's all a matter of having a brain, darlin' :D

Note: That was a condescending smiley.

It's a book. If you don't like it, don't like it. Don't make the rest of us suffer by making us think what you have to say is valid (and hasn't been said before) and disappointing us when you sound like others who have commented on this, mmk? K!

It's a pre-review. If you don't like it, don't like it. Don't make the rest of us suffer by making us think what you have to say is valid (and that we give a fuck) and disappointing us when you sound like a moron who really needs to get a hobby and stop trolling other people's reviews. Mmm kay? KAY!

Good evening, my dear, may you find the stick up your a** and promptly remove it.

It's nice to know you're thinking about sticks that may or may not be up my ass. I feel violated D:

There is pornography for that, I'm sure. You don't have to take our your frustrations on my poor image.

^^That's due to the fact that you called a fellow "goodreader" stupid. I think you're stupid. <---Doesn't mean much, does it? So why would your's mean anything?

Hmm...no, not really. Perhaps because you're the one that's wrong and making the stupid statements. I didn't call anyone stupid. I asked how stupid they were. Apparently, very.

Not only are you annoying, you're also insignificant.

Not nearly as insignifigant as you are, Ms. Moderater Sir

--

Dear Mello,

If you're going to criticize someone for spelling the author's name wrong, how about you do a little spell check of your own instead of smearing your own "stupidity and laziness" making my grammatical eyes bleed and you looking like hypocrite?<

CASE AND POINT:
"En cas3 u ddn't kno," -Mello

"I. Is. Sorry. Mandi. Done. Don't. Speak. STOO-pid." -Mandi


AHAHAHA! *wipes tears* Oh darlin, you make me laugh so hard. I was using the grammar to mock you. I was trying to speak in your language.

You made some nice insults. How about I throw the most amusing one back at you and ask, "How dumb are YOU?" Please don't answer that. I don't want another paragraph oozing your lack of thought or know how for sentence structure and spelling fiascoes.

Maybe if you're so offended at me pointing out how you spelled Adornetto's name wrong, you should go back to preschool. There they give you warm cookies and milk everyday and tell you how sweet you are.

I vote for the rest of us to debate about your ignorance and the idiosyncrasies that you possess that makes intellectual people very annoyed.

Excuse me...that intelluctual person being YOU? AHAHAHAH! What is it, opposite day? *checks callendar* Hm, no it isn't. Perhaps you're just as delusional as I thought you were. That explains a lot.

FYI- I'm annoyed at the space you just wasted.

And I'm annoyed at all the air you wasted. There are some cute puppies around you can give that to. At least they're making the world sweeter. What are you doing, besides trolling reviews and being a fuckwad?

I have an idea! How about you shut up all together? I'm sure I could get a few "Hell Yeah's" to that! Or perhaps they might not care at all since this whole conversation about Hell vs Hades ended nearly three weeks ago with the points and facts that you just inarticulately repeated from the comments above. Way to think for yourself, Moron!

Oh, how do I start? Well...

Firstly, idiot cakes -- nevermind, that's an insult to cakes and idiots everywhere, why don't you shut up? In case you haven't noticed, or en cse u cddn't t3ll (<--That was sarcasm! I was mocking you! You see? You see what I did there? Do u geddit nao?) you came onto this review to try and shut Dina up. Do you really think people are just going to sit by and let you do that? Who the fuck are you, Mr. Sir? Do you realize how utterly messed up and disgusting that is? *facepalms from fail*

Secondly, yes, the Hell vs. Hades is a discussion that has been going on for ages. You know why? You know why? Because it's so stupid and appaling that smart people (no, honey, not you) around the globe are appaled at it. They, and me. simply don't understand how morons (yes, like you) just eat this crap up without bothering to think it over. Aren't you even the least bit annoyed that she couldn't have at least done her research? You're her fans, after all. You should expect the best from her, not the worst. But you're not a real fan, are you? You're just an annoying little troll. I think Adornetto would be ashamed to have you in her fanbase. Then again, maybe she wouldn't, but what does that say about her? And you, for that matter?

The one point you're talking about that's been repeated again and again and again? Well, it may seem that way, because each time it's stated it has the underlying base of YOU ARE WRONG. THAT'S RIGHT. YOU ARE WRONG. Sound farmilliar? I'm sure it does.

P.S Participating in a book discussion normally means you've read the book, which you haven't. Poor thing. You must have thought you were dealing with incompetent children! Go back to school. I think you skipped/failed a few grades.

This discussion has nothing to do with the content of the book. It has to do with the title, which yes, I have read. It has to do with Greek and Christain mythos, which yes, I have read. More so than you, obviously. I'm the one that skipped/failed a few grades, and yet you're the person who can barely come up with an intelligent thought? You can't think out of the box, you can't accept critisism of your FAVirIEET!!!! book? You can't realize when something has been poorly researched, poorly done, poorly written and I'm the one who skipped/failed a few grades?

You need a really good reality check.

Now, you have a nice day! :D

You too :D


message 26: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Thank you, Cillian, for explaining that to her. Maybe she gets it now. or maybe she'll pass out from knowledge overload. You know, her trollish brain seems it can only take a little at a time.


message 27: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Very! Cute in the really, really disgusting way of course.


message 28: by Cait (last edited Sep 13, 2011 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Cait Mandi wrote: "Dear Mello,

If you're going to criticize someone for spelling the author's name wrong, how about you do a little spell check of your own instead of smearing your own "stupidity and laziness" makin..."


Dearest Mandikins,

You are most likely the biggest fail I have ever seen in my life. Mello was being sarcastic with her comment where she tlkd l1ke ths; if you actually even bothered to read (which I'm currently severely doubting that you passed that test in first grade) the rest of both of her comments, she had perfectly amazing grammar, so why would she, all of a sudden, switch to a random line of troll talk! Ready, we're going to use about two brain cells which might be hard for you, so here it goes! She did it because...... *drumroll* she was mocking you!

And you know what I find to be completely hilarious?! You know how you, like (just in case my lesson still hasn't stuck, I'm being sarcastic) you, like, said that tons of people would like stand up for you against Mello or like whatever? Well here comes another math lesson! Including myself, four people have defended Mello against your idiocy you, and how many people have commented to back you up. None. That right, fucking zero. Isn't it nice to feel so not loved?

And, when I, unlike yourself, read this whole thread to figure out what was going on, I found out what they were actually arguing about which was not related at all to anything you said. So I will just point you to the direction of Cillian's comment about it, because she so utterly smashed you that I don't even need to repeat myself.

So, in conclusion; your comment was uncalled for, not researched, and totally un justified. And, by the way, you're a complete troll. So go romp around in a troll pit with your fellow people while those of us with more than two braincells enjoy making comments that actually makes sense. Have a fantastic day! :D


message 29: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Ah, Cait, you awesomesauce. I think you deserve a nice, warm mug of epic to match with the rest of you :)

And yes, it's amazing how all of these people defending her..aren't here! Wow! *looks around to make sure* Yep, they aren't here. That's just shocking...


message 30: by P. (last edited Sep 13, 2011 02:46PM) (new)

P. Oh, we're allowed to comment now?

Hurray!

I'd like to point out that Mandi doesn't seem to be a fan of this author either. That's why I was a little surprised when s/he started with the STOO-pid stuff.

Also, Mello, of course I'm correct. I thought it was quite obvious. But I guess not everyone understands sarcasm.


message 31: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert She's not even a fan? Wow...that makes her even STOO-pider than I thought she was (if possible). Thanks for informing us of that, Palice. It's odd, that's for sure...*scratches head in confusion*...if you don't even like Adornetto, why make yourself look like a complete moron for her book?

Sarcasm -- not a universal language, apparently...that's kind of sad.


message 32: by P. (new)

P. Oh, you're welcome. I haven't yet been... uh... pulled into the wonderful world of Adornetto, so I had nothing to add to the discussion, and read comments instead.

I love sarcastic people. And sarcastic characters. Well, not Jace and the other characters of TMI. They make me want to strangle someone.


message 33: by Cait (new) - rated it 1 star

Cait Mello wrote: "Ah, Cait, you awesomesauce. I think you deserve a nice, warm mug of epic to match with the rest of you :)

And yes, it's amazing how all of these people defending her..aren't here! Wow! *looks arou..."


:D a mug of epic would be awesome. And wow. Why argue about it if she doesn't even like the book? Pointless comment is pointless.


message 34: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert @Palice: I love sarcastic characters too! Hence "Severus" being part of my name. Well, he's not so much sarcastic as just really dry and witty. Jace...is a jerkface. I don't like jerkfaces :(

@Cait: This is for you!

description


message 35: by Cait (new) - rated it 1 star

Cait Mello wrote: "@Palice: I love sarcastic characters too! Hence "Severus" being part of my name. Well, he's not so much sarcastic as just really dry and witty. Jace...is a jerkface. I don't like jerkfaces :(

@Cai..."


Ahhhhhh Mello you have my undying love :D I wish I had that mug in real life now!


message 36: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Luckily, the stick we have up our asses is easily removed, the end is protruding from our holes and it only requires a minimum manual effort of grab and pull. Yours on the other hand, is so far wedged in, it's time for you to see a carpenter; probably at this point, you hardly feel the splinters, but judging by the obvious bitterness in you, I can tell you're already going through the main stages of constipation. That's no good. It's already affecting your thinking, not that you're all that brilliant to begin with... and, an advice, as a "friend", try using a dildo from time to time, and don't forget the lube. Your dry fucked attitude is not good for your image, dearest.

Cillian, did I tell you how much I adore you today?


message 37: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Well, I'll say it now, at the risk of Mocha's jealous rage: I adore you!

We'll have to talk over the quad soy white mocha and cake pops thing, though. I'm low on the cash (read: shit broke) and all...(You drink soy milk too? Woo hoo!)


message 38: by Teresa (new)

Teresa haha wow - the fact that a one comment from me can cause such a disturbance! You really must not have anything else going on your lives. That's okay though, some people are just better internet warriors than others, no biggie.

Listen (technically read) - After the first response I stopped reading, I felt my brain cells dying. And this whole "ganging up" on people - pathetic. Mello was doing just fine on her own, no need to ride in as her knight in shining foil ;)

We could sit here and call eachother stupid and whatnot, but why bother? The fact that you felt the need to respond, respond again, and respond yet again proves to me just how much it's not worth arguing with you people.

All the name calling is beneath me, I graduated high school quite a few years ago. Maybe you should get back to me once you do? Or maybe you're just a bitter old hag *shrugs* couldn't care less.

I'm ending my response for good because people who argue with the dumb are actually dumber than they are. And I, for one, do not want to be dumber than the likes of you. It would be an all-time low.

Also, Mello - spellcheck your responses please. There were quite a few mistakes that were not intentional ;)


message 39: by Teresa (new)

Teresa You don't know shit about my life. Yet you judge me based on what I've said in response to idiotic responses? What does that make you?

I'm not wasting my time here - I said my peace (multiple times). Like it, love it, I don't really give a fuck ;)


message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Serpent wrote: "You don't know shit about my life. Yet you judge me based on what I've said in response to idiotic responses? What does that make you?

I'm not wasting my time here - I said my peace (multiple time..."


LOL you're like one of those people that keeps saying they are going to leave to see if anyone gives a shit. Sorry, no one does. You obviously aren't too good to respond because you keep doing so and making yourself look like an ass every time. Your responses and logic (or lack there of) have been truly amusing though. :)


message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Mello wrote: "Well, I'll say it now, at the risk of Mocha's jealous rage: I adore you!"

OMG!
WHAT RAGE?!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!


message 42: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Oh Mocha, no rage! No rage at all!

description

@Serpent: Since everyone pretty much took a huge bite into you, I won't do a line by this time. But let me list all your fails!

1. Hmm...we don't have anything going on with our lives and yet...you also still respond as many times as I did. FAIL!

2. Admitting that after reading for too long the little brain cells you have left were dying. FAIL!

3. Nobody needed to call you stupid. You just called yourself stupid. FAIL!

4. Once again, telling people what they can and cannot type. Yes, I did alert the friendly neighborhood Troll Brigade of your nasty activities on this review, and yes they did come to help clear things up. If you're so offended that they did, then leave. This isn't your space. It isn't our's either, but at least we aren't trolling the review. FAIL!

5. I think you're actually intimidated by the intellect of my friends. Hence why you said I needed no knight(tresses) in shining armor. FAIL!

6. All the name calling is beneath you? And yet, And I, for one, do not want to be dumber than the likes of you. It would be an all-time low....I'm sorry, did you just say you graduated high school? Then at some point you must have learned about contradictions. You just made one. FUH-AIL!

7. You don't need to graduate high school to be smarter than the likes of you. You just need to graduate preschool. Either that or have your mummy pat you on the head and tell you how you can't hit your sister because she disagreed with you. Either or. Nice job assuming that I am younger than you (which is none of your fucking business, if you don't mind me saying) just because you find my opinion irrelevant. What led you to that conclusion? FAIL!

8. You tell me to spellcheck my responses, and yet you fail to capitalize your title sentence? Oh wow, now that's a fail! You do realize my response was at least three pages long, and seeing as how I actually do have a life outside of the internet going through and making an essay for you to read on how to be a decent human being is out of the question?

Well, my dear, let's review: you failed to follow your own advice and were a walking contradiction throughout your post(s), you were rather un-funny and not witty at all and you admitted to having trouble reading large portions of text. Although I think you have trouble reading in general.

Hmm....anything else you want to add to your list of embarrassments, darlin?

While you're at it, why don't you do something else stupid? Something entertaining this time?


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Mello wrote: "Oh Mocha, no rage! No rage at all!



@Serpent: Since everyone pretty much took a huge bite into you, I won't do a line by this time. But let me list all your fails!

1. Hmm...we don't have anythin..."


will oh snap GIF Pictures, Images and Photos


Beyonce laugh Pictures, Images and Photos


message 44: by Dinjolina (last edited Sep 18, 2011 06:23AM) (new) - added it

Dinjolina Serpent wrote: "It's a book. If you don't like it, don't like it. Don't make the rest of us suffer by making us think what you have to say is valid (and hasn't been said before) and disappointing us when you sound like others who have commented on this, mmk? K!"

Uh....uh....YOU are making ME suffer because I had an opinion thinking this was a free world!
Silly, silly me,not seeing how YOUR opinions are much more fun!


Serpent wrote: haha wow - the fact that a one comment from me can cause such a disturbance! You really must not have anything else going on your lives. That's okay though, some people are just better internet warriors than others, no biggie.

But,but,but....you are reading it all!
And answering!
And droning about it from the start!
What about you (lack of) life?



Serpent wrote:All the name calling is beneath me, I graduated high school quite a few years ago. Maybe you should get back to me once you do? Or maybe you're just a bitter old hag *shrugs* couldn't care less.

I'm ending my response for good because people who argue with the dumb are actually dumber than they are. And I, for one, do not want to be dumber than the likes of you. It would be an all-time low.

Also, Mello - spellcheck your responses please. There were quite a few mistakes that were not intentional ;)


You just name called!
Sheesh! You say something and proceeded to jump in your own mouth just like that.



AND NOW...

Thank you, lovely troll chasers!
They are ordinary people like us, but they save topics alike and shun the evil people that...that...I have no idea what trolls really do beside bug the hell out of everybody.



Oh, and one more thing...want me to read the book before I even dare to talk about the pretty front cover of it?
Oki-doki. Will do.
It is not like it could be worse than the first one.
The heroine could not make me want to tattoo feminism on her forehead one more time.
Or can she?
(I think so. Sadly I really do.)

Ta-da-da-duuuum...!


message 45: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Now go home people :)


message 46: by John (last edited Sep 14, 2011 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Ok XD

Our work here is done!

Dina, may you live the rest of your reviewing life troll freeeee!


message 47: by Cait (new) - rated it 1 star

Cait Yes may your threads be clear of those nasty trolls!


message 48: by Kristalia (new)

Kristalia aahahahhaha this is sooooooooooooooo epic :D
hahahahahaah omfg, i can't stop laughing :D

especially at this one:
"The book is an insult to people that like angels. Because her angels are these spineless creatures that i want to pluck like mindless chickens that they are."
:D


message 49: by Alexa (new)

Alexa wow...that escalated quickly :/


message 50: by Teri101 (new)

Teri101 @Rhyme: No it's not difficult mixing religion with fantasy. Its quiet easy, just have to know what take and what to leave.


« previous 1
back to top