Sarah's Reviews > Fireworks

Fireworks by Katie Cotugno

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, contemporary, r2r-read, read-2017, romance, young-adult, as

“What are you going to do if you don’t do this?” she asked. “I mean it. I’m sincerely asking. Are you just gonna stay here forever?”

This was a YA contemporary story, about two girls auditioning to be pop-stars.

I liked Dana, but I felt like her relationship with Olivia was a bit one sided. Olivia seemed to always be the one deciding what they were doing and pushing Dana to do things that she maybe didn’t want to do, and I started to dislike Olivia a bit. I also found Olivia to be quite selfish.

The storyline in this was about Dana and Olivia both being invited to become part of a girl group called ‘Daisy Chain’, and what happened from there. We got a bit of fighting between the girls in the group, and we also got a bit of romance between Dana and Alex (a boy from a boy band). Olivia once again annoyed me though when the girls were made to compete against each other, as she totally turned her back on Dana when they had been best friends for all their lives.

The ending to this was okay, but I was kind-of shocked by what Olivia did to Dana, and I felt like things weren’t tied up very well because of it.

6.5 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fireworks.

September 30, 2016 – Shelved
April 2, 2017 – Started Reading
April 3, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Samantha (WLABB) Yes. The relationship seemed one sided to me as well, and dare I say, perhaps a little co-dependent?