Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)'s Reviews > The Vanishing Year

The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti

It’s hard to review psychological thrillers without giving away spoilers so this will be a short summary.

Zoe Whittaker is hiding from her past life in New York City. A past that she has kept a secret by creating a new identity. She has run from a former life of danger that included involvement with questionable people and shady business dealings. Today, she is married to Henry, a Wall Street executive. Henry is a generous husband but controlling and on the possessive side. Zoe is bored but fills her time running a charity. Life seemed to be going smoothly until strange events started to happen to her that made her fear for her safety. Is her present life cracking and allowing in her past?

This book grabbed me from page one. The book is well paced which made it an addictive read. The author does a nice job of providing flashbacks from Zoe’s former life, giving us an understanding of how she ended up where she is today. The clever twists and turns in the book provided nice surprises to the storyline.

This was my first time reading a book by this author and it will not be my last.

Giveaway on my blog on Facebook on 11/6 ends 11/8

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanishing Year.

September 29, 2016 – Started Reading
September 29, 2016 – Shelved
September 29, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Suzanne (last edited Nov 06, 2016 05:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews) I am giving away a copy on my blog on Facebook - ends 11/8 at noon est..

Barbara I loved this novel as much as you! It's a great one