Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!!'s Reviews > Friction

Friction by Sandra Brown

This was my very first introduction to a Sandra Brown novel and I am definitely a new fan of her writing style! I used to read romantic suspense/mystery novels all the time and I am not sure why I never picked up one of her books before but I will definitely be reading more books by this author in the future!

FRICTION by SANDRA BROWN is a sexy, exciting, and an action-packed read that had me totally engrossed in this story right from the prologue. The storyline has a lot going on here, everything from secrets and lies, corrupt cops and shady lawyers to family reconciliation and dynamics, attraction, love and romance, which kept me totally entertained right to the pivotal and satisfying ending.

SANDRA BROWN delivers an intriguing and well-written read here with believable and interesting characters. I loved our main characters Texas Ranger Crawford Hunt and Judge Holly Spencer!

“A word of caution, judge. Don’t show up at my back door looking like you do unless you want to get manhandled.” (Oh my! I loved this quote!)

Crawford was one heck of hot and sexy character that I was definitely a little smitten with! I loved his attitude and his attraction he had towards Holly and his devotion he had to his daughter, Georgia!

Although, I felt that there were no real surprises to who the culprit was going to be, I was a little surprised at one of the reveals though which made it a very satisfying and gratifying conclusion to this story. Would recommend!

All of Brenda’s and my reviews can be found on our sister blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friction.

September 29, 2016 – Shelved
page 168
April 30, 2017 –
page 268
May 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

message 1: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa I've only read one of her books too and I was surprised I enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more soon :)

Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends Glad to see you enjoyed this one, Norma! I will have to read this one.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen I haven't yet read a Brown. I know shame on me. I do like the occasional suspense - if done well. May need to get onto this bandwagon. Looking fwd to full review.

message 4: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Heard this is a really good author but haven't read anything by her! Nice review 😊

message 5: by Frances (new)

Frances Nice review Norma; I must try and read one her books!

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Vanessa wrote: "I've only read one of her books too and I was surprised I enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more soon :)"

I was really surprised too of how much I enjoyed this book. I do like a little romance in my books but not the main focus so this was a perfect read for me! I am glad that you are looking forward to reading more by this author too, Vanessa! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Brenda wrote: "Glad to see you enjoyed this one, Norma! I will have to read this one."

Thank you, Brenda! Yes, you will have to read this one too! I have 15 books sitting here for you to read.....lol

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Jen wrote: "I haven't yet read a Brown. I know shame on me. I do like the occasional suspense - if done well. May need to get onto this bandwagon. Looking fwd to full review."

I am surprised that I have never read one by this author before this! I thought it was really good! I am not sure if this is one of her better ones or not. Thank you, Jen! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Kendall wrote: "Heard this is a really good author but haven't read anything by her! Nice review 😊"

Thank you so much, Kendall! I actually really enjoyed it! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Frances wrote: "Nice review Norma; I must try and read one her books!"

Thank you so much, Frances! It looks like there are a few of us that haven't read a book by this author before. I picked it up on sale at Chapters so thought I would give it a shot! I am happy I did! :-)

message 11: by Frances (new)

Frances Norma wrote: "Frances wrote: "Nice review Norma; I must try and read one her books!"

Yaaay, Another shopper at Chapters!! A great book store Norma!!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Wonderful review Norma!! I've added this one. :-)

message 13: by KAS (new)

KAS Terrific review, Norma ;) Glad you enjoyed! Sandra Brown always keeps me glued to the page ;)) xox

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie Yay!! I'm glad you enjoyed this one!! Wonderful review, Norma!!

message 15: by PorshaJo (new)

PorshaJo Nice review Norma! Glad you liked this one.

Melissa Yay! Great review, Norma. I love, love, love Sandra Brown. You should check out Mean Streak or Sting. ;)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great review Norma! I love this author. Its been awhile since I read her but before Goodreads I use to read her all the time.

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Frances wrote: "Norma wrote: "Frances wrote: "Nice review Norma; I must try and read one her books!"

I agree! I love Chapters! Maybe a little too much....lol

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Lindsay wrote: "Wonderful review Norma!! I've added this one. :-)"

Thank you so much, Lindsay! I hope that you enjoy it too! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! KAS wrote: "Terrific review, Norma ;) Glad you enjoyed! Sandra Brown always keeps me glued to the page ;)) xox"

Thank you so much, KAS! I will definitely be reading more by this author as I really enjoyed this one! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Julie wrote: "Yay!! I'm glad you enjoyed this one!! Wonderful review, Norma!!"

Thank you so much, Julie! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! PorshaJo wrote: "Nice review Norma! Glad you liked this one."

Thank you so much, PorshaJo! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Melissa wrote: "Yay! Great review, Norma. I love, love, love Sandra Brown. You should check out Mean Streak or Sting. ;)"

Thank you so much, Melissa! Well now I can see why you love this author so much Melissa!!! Okay I will check out those other books you mentioned and thank you so much for recommending them to me here! :-)

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Mary wrote: "Great review Norma! I love this author. Its been awhile since I read her but before Goodreads I use to read her all the time."

Thank you so much, Mary Beth! I am not sure why I have never picked up a book by her before but I am so glad that I read this one. I will definitely be reading more books by Sandra Brown that is for sure! :-)