KC -- Reading Is My Superpower's Reviews > Pretty Stolen Dolls

Pretty Stolen Dolls by Ker Dukey

No No No NO!!! Omg.... where is book 2??? It did not end like that!!!

What an awesome read..... I had been in a book rut and this one catapulted me out of it. Ker Dukey is one of my favorite authors and Pretty Stolen Dolls did not disappoint me. Twists and turns and that edge of darkness that Ker is so good at kept me turning pages with sleepless nights. And just when you think you know what is going to happen you are thrown a curve ball that totally derails you.

Dolls are like clowns -- creepy. Anyone remember Chucky?? And the creepy doll factor makes this one so unique. I have not read anything else like it. And if you are looking for something unique and creepy, then this one is for you. Kidnapping. Getting away. Murder. Mayhem. This book has a bit of everything but it all goes together and flows. So even tho there is so much going on, it doesnt have that just thrown in for shock feel.

And lets talk about the hero.... I didnt see that one coming. Nope...not going to tell you who it is... but I will tell you that he shows up right on time and his ability to help our heroine and believe in her when no one else does makes him swoon worthy. He has the perfect blend of Alpha and Caring. He was delicious.

The heroine has strength that is admirable. She has suffered so much in her life and her demons run deep. Not many people would be able to overcome and conquer the things that she has endured. But what I loved the most about her was that she was real. This character was so well developed. She had strength, perseverance, and the will to overcome, yet at the same time I loved that she was battling her demons. She was relateable and I love that in a character.

Side note -- If you dont like a darker read then this book is not for you. If you dont like a good psychological mind twist, then this book is not for you. If you dont like a bit of gore, then this book is not for you.
But, if you love a good dark, crazy read then jump on this one. The only recommendation I have is that you may want to wait until book 2 comes out so that you can dive right into it after you have finished this one. Im pulling my hair out and doing the hurry up and publish book 2 dance. Iam dying to know how this one plays out!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Stolen Dolls.

September 29, 2016 – Started Reading