Michelle's Reviews > A Love Letter to Whiskey

A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 1dec6fc12c55f16a751d1fa6cacfbd_zpsacxxfgk5.gif

So before I begin my review, I think it would be fitting to write a letter to the author since Kandi Steiner told us a story that was aptly titled: A Love Letter To Whiskey.

Dear Kandi Steiner,

It's 2:30 am and I just spend the last three hours getting lost or in this case drunk on your lyrical and poignant prose. How can this one story consume me? Have me strangely intoxicated? Addicted? It's simple. One taste of your raw words was all it took. It didn't take much because shot after shot of your literary brilliance, you left me feeling numb, high and sated. I wanted to drown in whiskey. I wanted to feel whiskey. I wanted to be vulnerable to whiskey. I wanted to love whiskey. I wanted to hate whiskey but I couldn't because whiskey didn't consume me. It was your words Kandi Steiner that I was addicted to.

photo 175f1d9a8cc6ad81ec8f4f3415ac7f_zps5uxavijb.gif“It turned out a Whiskey stain was just as permanent as ink, and I wondered if I would ever truly wash myself clean. Or if I even wanted to.”

This story. These characters. These words. These emotions that you had coursing through my veins was the very essence of why I love to read. This was not a story of perfect characters but instead of flawed individuals who continued to make mistakes after mistakes. Individuals who hurt each other emotionally. So how could I be intoxicated on a story where cheating occurred multiple times? The answer to that is simple. Love is complicated. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is beauty. Love is truth. And the truth of the matter, love can be selfish. Love can be cruel. Love can be an addiction. Good and bad. It can be toxic. But love can make you feel. And the story of Jamie and B was a story that I will happily drown in over and over again. Why would I torture myself in such a complicated love story? Because love is meant to be consuming and a story that makes you feel every fiber of emotions coursing through your veins is a story worth remembering. And this is one love letter to whiskey where I will savor every last drop.

photo 175f1d9a8cc6ad81ec8f4f3415ac7f_zps5uxavijb.gif“My first taste of Whiskey had been nothing. My first shot? Child’s play. I’d been holding back, delicately balancing on the line, afraid of drinking too much —but this was it. I knew it. I felt every inch of the fall from tipsy to drunk. I was completely wasted, and all I wanted was to feel this way forever.”

Sincerely,
~Michelle xo

photo ebcd344fd75d81387076baba303912_zpstwyqnn6z.gif

Emotionally consuming. Intoxicating. Raw. Flawed. And breathtakingly poignant. These are the words that immediately comes to mind as I sit here in write my review for A Love Letter to Whiskey. Kandi Steiner honestly blew me away with this book. In the three hours that I was held hostage, I felt like I was on an emotional roller-coaster going through the motions and the unexpected twist and turns. In all honesty, I needed a drink after reading this book because my heart and emotions were scattered and beating wildly as I drank in every mistake, love, hurt, and loss the hero and heroine experienced.

photo 175f1d9a8cc6ad81ec8f4f3415ac7f_zps5uxavijb.gif“Jamie was whiskey, that much I was sure of. I couldn’t deny the way he burned, the way his taste lingered.”

#ALoveLetterWhiskey

That first taste. Once you had your first drop of love, it's a high and addiction that you can't forget. The buzz that you crave. For Breck, her addiction came in the form of a boy who knocked her world off its axis. The boy she knew who was top shelf material. Yeah he was that drink that was rich, smooth and left a good burn. And that drink was her very own whiskey named Jamie.

photo 175f1d9a8cc6ad81ec8f4f3415ac7f_zps5uxavijb.gif“I was spinning, tipsy, teetering on the edge of being wasted on Whiskey. I’d dreamed of kissing Jamie so many times, but nothing could compare to how it really felt —his hands on me, so strong, his mouth skilled and passionate. My legs were weak and he felt it, taking the weight of me in his arms, kissing me like he’d waited his entire life to have the chance.”

Jamie and B's relationship was built on a friendship that was held by truth, love, and an indescribable connection. To sum it up, it was intense. But like any friendship when feelings are involved, lines would get blurred. And the timing of Jamie and B was never right.When she was single, he was in a relationship. When he was ready for her, she wasn’t available. But as much as the timing was never right, their feelings were always there but miscommunication and timing was always their downfall. She wasn’t ready to be fully consumed with whiskey even though she already knew she was drowning in it.

#ALoveLetterWhiskey1

photo 175f1d9a8cc6ad81ec8f4f3415ac7f_zps5uxavijb.gif“It turned out I was water, he was whiskey, and I couldn’t dilute him —not now that I knew he loved me enough to let me. I needed to be stronger, to be ice the next time I melted with him.”

A Love Letter to Whiskey is an utterly raw gripping addictive read. This book was built on a symphony of raw emotions. Emotions that left you frazzled, confused, hurt, angry, sad, and wildly intoxicated. Steiner did not write an ordinary love story but instead a story that left you savoring every drop of her poetic and stunning prose. To the very last drop, you will want a taste of whiskey. You will want to know and experience a selfish kind of love. An addictive kind of love. And most importantly a love that is honest. Real. Raw. A love that leaves you vulnerable and breathless. And so if you are ready to take a sip and get your first taste of a literary masterpiece then I urge you to get drunk on this book. Take a sip, savor the taste, and enjoy the lasting aftertaste of whiskey or in this case Kandi Steiner's words.

photo 175f1d9a8cc6ad81ec8f4f3415ac7f_zps5uxavijb.gif“Even if you must move on, please don’t ever let us go.”

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg Kandi Steiner

photo goodreads_zpsu8g2x8fs.png  photo facebook_zpsv8cvg80q.png  photo twitter_zpsni5xgrny.png  photo instagram_zpswxkdrpqv.png  photo networked-blogs_zpszjk0ghy4.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Love Letter to Whiskey.

September 28, 2016 – Shelved
October 4, 2016 – Shelved as: heartbreaking
October 4, 2016 – Shelved as: interracial-couples
October 4, 2016 – Shelved as: intense
October 4, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista Hendrix Amazing review!

Michelle Krista wrote: "Amazing review!"

thank you so much Krista!

message 3: by Kandi (new) - added it

Kandi Steiner WOW! Michelle, I am speechless. This review is beyond beautiful. Thank you so much!

Michelle Kandi wrote: "WOW! Michelle, I am speechless. This review is beyond beautiful. Thank you so much!"

Thank you Kandi for writing the most real honest raw love stories that I can remember. This book was heartbreaking, beautiful, poignant, and touching!!! Loved it so much! Thank you for taking your readers on that journey... that very long and intoxicating journey.

message 5: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Copeland Lovely review! I will have to check this one out!

Michelle Melissa wrote: "Lovely review! I will have to check this one out!"

OMG Melissa you need to read this book!!! It's AMAZING!!!!

message 7: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Copeland I'm excited to read it!

message 8: by TORI (new)

TORI Awesome review!

Michelle Melissa wrote: "I'm excited to read it!"

yay!!!!! My blog is giving away an ARC if you want to enter

Michelle TORI wrote: "Awesome review!"

thank you so much TORI! xo

message 11: by Rohina (new) - added it

Rohina Fantastic review, Michelle! :)

Michelle Rohina wrote: "Fantastic review, Michelle! :)"

message 13: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Copeland Michelle wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm excited to read it!"

yay!!!!! My blog is giving away an ARC if you want to enter

Done! :)

message 14: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Wow.. I can't wait to get my hands on this one after that epic review, Michelle.. thanks for bringing this book into the spotlight and onto our radars.. cannot wait to read this

Michelle Angela wrote: "Wow.. I can't wait to get my hands on this one after that epic review, Michelle.. thanks for bringing this book into the spotlight and onto our radars.. cannot wait to read this"

Thank you so much Angela!!!! Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did... My blog is giving away an ARC if you care to enter #ARC GIVEAWAY of A Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner. For your chance to win this phenomenal book that RUINED me in a good way, enter here➜ http://bit.ly/2dHhSfj

Michelle Nancy✦SteamyReadsBlog✦ wrote: "Beautiful review, Michelle! :)"

thank you so much Nancy!

Paige Absolutely beautiful review! I'm starting soon and now I can't wait! Bring on the feels!

Michelle Paige wrote: "Absolutely beautiful review! I'm starting soon and now I can't wait! Bring on the feels!"

Aww thank you so much Paige. Enjoy the ride of B and Jamie!!!!

Sophie Wow! This review is AMAZING! And all so true, you capture the book beautifully!

Michelle Sophie Bookalicious Babes Blog wrote: "Wow! This review is AMAZING! And all so true, you capture the book beautifully!"

message 21: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Amazing review, sweetheart!❤️ I love the sound of this.

message 22: by Wendy'sThoughts (new)

Wendy'sThoughts Your review is a masterpiece. Everything about it sings...truly impressive Michelle xoxo

Michelle Jen wrote: "Amazing review, sweetheart!❤️ I love the sound of this."

Michelle Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "Your review is a masterpiece. Everything about it sings...truly impressive Michelle xoxo"

awww thank you so much sweetie!!! xoxox

message 25: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Danzey It has now become a must read!!

aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog Wow!!! I love your review!!! Fantastic!xoxo

Michelle Tracey wrote: "It has now become a must read!!"

Aww thank you Tracey!!! xo

Michelle aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog wrote: "Wow!!! I love your review!!! Fantastic!xoxo"

Aww thank you sweetie!!! xoxo

Anne OK A very intoxicating review -- great job!

Michelle Anne OK wrote: "A very intoxicating review -- great job!"

thank you Anne!! This book was sooo good!!! If you get a chance to read it, I highly recommend it!

Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† omg best fucking review eveeeerrr!! ♡♡♡

Michelle Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† wrote: "omg best fucking review eveeeerrr!! ♡♡♡"

Aww thank you so much Anesha!!! That's so sweet of you. ❤️

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Wow. What an amazing review. Can't wait to read this one :) xx

Michelle Megan wrote: "Wow. What an amazing review. Can't wait to read this one :) xx"

Thank you so much Megan!!!! Xo

message 35: by Peggy (new) - added it

Peggy Dabney Awesome review! Gotta have this one!

Michelle Peggy wrote: "Awesome review! Gotta have this one!"

Thank you so much Peggy!!! And yes if you love angst, drama and a beautiful love story then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Fab review, sweets!! xx

Michelle Jenny wrote: "Fab review, sweets!! xx"

Thanks doll xo

message 39: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Michelle for the cheating tag!!!!

Michelle Ashley wrote: "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Michelle for the cheating tag!!!!"

hahah you're welcome =)

Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★ Incredible review, Michelle! Can't wait to read this one. It's been getting stellar reviews across the board :))

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Beautiful review, Michelle!! :)

message 43: by Rabiya (new) - added it

Rabiya Omg Michellle! This was a such a beautiful review. I haven't read the book yet but I absolutely love your review. ❤❤

Michelle Rabiya wrote: "Omg Michellle! This was a such a beautiful review. I haven't read the book yet but I absolutely love your review. ❤❤"

Awww Rabiya!!! You are too sweet!!! Thank you sweetie for loving my review but you will totally love Love Love the book more. ❤️❤️❤️ xo