Angel Gelique's Reviews > Her Last Breath

Her Last Breath by J.A. Schneider

bookshelves: drama, fiction, keeps-you-guessing, mystery

Thirty-three-year-old Mari Gill awakens with a sticky hand and soon realizes that she's covered in blood. Not her blood though...it's from the dead man beside her. She quickly becomes the prime suspect in the man's murder. Her husband, prominent defense attorney Ted Curry, comes to her aid and assures her that everything is going to be fine. Mari doesn't know the man and can't remember how she ended up in his bed. Before long, she's engaged in detective work, trying desperately to piece together the puzzle and keep from being charged with murder. With the help of NYPD detective, Kerry Blasco, Mari may very well learn the secrets of that dreaded night, missing from her memory. But it might not bring her peace of mind....

I typically don't enjoy mystery stories, but this one definitely reeled me in. I didn't even realize until one day when I told myself I'd just read one quick chapter and ended up reading far more than that! I did have a hard time relating to the main character, Mari, though. I thought she was a bit standoffish at times. Then again, being a murder suspect might have a tendency to cause some stress!!!!

Bottom line, this is a great murder mystery story with a fantastic, satisfying ending. Bet you can't guess what happened that night. I sure didn't!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Last Breath.

September 28, 2016 – Started Reading